Noticeable Hair Fall - Why Does That Happen?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any insight on this would be appreciated!

I've been thinking a lot about this lately; i have plenty of friends or acquantences that are bald. Completely bald in their 30s and committed to it; shaved it all off. When i ask them about their experience while losing their hair they all say the same thing; they never noticed any significant shedding, hairs falling out, none report to itching. They seem to have this slow burn hair loss that never was noticeable while it was happening.

Me on the other hand; one day i woke up and saw hair falling out in the sink, shower, bed sheets, office desk, everywhere. This has continued for 2 years.

Why am i experience this and others don't?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would also love to know. No loss at 49 and then for two straight years I have hair everywhere.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right? - it literally started over night

Full head of hair, no shedding, no recession, more hair than I could ever ask for, then one day boom, hair falling out. And it’s been going on for little over two years for me as well.

I didn’t think balding worked that way? A lot of people I know who are bald don’t have this whole “hair shedding constantly” thing and the itch too...

Ugh

Would also love to know. No loss at 49 and then for two straight years I have hair everywhere.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and 40 not 49. I went to a bunch of doctors. The said it was Telogen Effluvium but it never stopped and a pattern diffuse started.

I have read that diffuse thinniners are poor to respond to meds.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and 40 not 49. I went to a bunch of doctors. The said it was Telogen Effluvium but it never stopped and a pattern diffuse started.

I have read that diffuse thinniners are poor to respond to meds.

I’ve read that too! I also went to around 4 different docs / derms all of which stating it is Telogen Effluvium... which there was some support for I had a hugely traumatic psychological disturbance as a result to a surgery my two year old had. I was really messed up about it.

I also lose a ton of eyebrow hair and armpit hair.

But the two plus years of this, and now I’m noticing recession on my right temple and thinning there.

HeadGrass

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve read that too! I also went to around 4 different docs / derms all of which stating it is Telogen Effluvium... which there was some support for I had a hugely traumatic psychological disturbance as a result to a surgery my two year old had. I was really messed up about it.

I also lose a ton of eyebrow hair and armpit hair.

But the two plus years of this, and now I’m noticing recession on my right temple and thinning there.

Eyebrow thinning? Check your thyroids.