Nothing seems to work

fio

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I'm 43-years-old, been slowly losing my hair for 20 years. Decided to attack the problem about 8 years ago. I've tried propecia, Dr. Lee's Xandrox 15% & 5% spironoloctone, Nizoral and every natural herb imagineable in conjunction with one another. Tried every combination. Nothing seems to work as my hair continues to fall out. I feel like I'm getting to the point where transplantation is my only option. Anyone have any other suggestions? I was thinking of trying tricomin and proxiphen. Anyone try these? I've spent so much money on this stuff that I'm starting to think that spending more money may be a waste of time and money. Anybody's input is deeply appreciated.

Thanks!! :x

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Moved to MGHLD :)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Fio can you specify exactly how long you were on each, what dosage you took of each, etc. etc. etc.

Its a lot to document im sure, but we can't make an assessment of what might have gone wrong without it.

Also when you took them, in what order, in what combinations, etc.

Based on what I've seen from saw palmetto users, that alone can cause endless shedding so who knows.. maybe you had SP in the mix for the last 8 years ... point being ... we need more info.

Look forward to it.

HairLossTalk.com

fio

Reaction score
My Regiment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was on finasteride in combination with 2% minoxidil, then switched to Dr. Lee's 5% Xandrox, saw palmetto and various other herbs, which I can't remember the names of, for about two years. I saw no gains at all, maybe a little bit of slowing down of hair loss. After two years, I dropped the finasteride and all herbs out and stayed on Dr. Lee's 5% Xandrox Day/Night pack, added Nizoral and tried Avacor for about a year. The Avacor did absolutely nothing. I was on the second regiment in total for about two years. I did get my money back on the Avacor. I then upped my minoxidil regiment to Dr. Lee's 15% Xandrox in the PM, 5% Xandrox in the AM and 5% Spironoloctone two times/day. I've been on this regiment for about two years. Dr. Lee just recently advised me that I probably should drop the Spironoloctone and 15% Xandrox out and just stick with 5% Xandrox to maintain - he said there are no more gains to be had in my situation. "You've recruited all the follicles you are going to recruit." The truth is I don't believe I have recruited any follicles through all this. I think the only positive for me has been that my hairloss, though constant, did slow down. But I am presently very thinned out and looking for one last shot.

So, here I am trying to figure out if there is another course I can take beside transplants. I appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks!

fio

Reaction score
will anyone help?

I'm looking for answers. I am ready to take one last shot at this and shuffle up my routine if need be. Any suggestions on an aggressive regiment other than what I've indicated in my first posting?

I'm at a crucial point where the hair loss is becoming quite noticeable. Once last stab at these growth/DHT Blocking product and it's transplantation time. I really don't want to go there.

Thanks!

oni

Reaction score
Try getting on dutasteride with the 5% minoxidil and add Nizoral 2% shampoo :)

fio

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the input. I've done some reading on duasteride and find its use worrisome in that they don't know the potential side effects yet. Have you tried it? What kind of results? Any side effects?

I was on Nizoral 2% for about 4 months - didn't see any difference. I know a lot of people use it, but my understanding is that this product is basically a cleansing agent with some minimal DHT blocking capabilities. What kind of results have you achieved from this product?

Lastly, any word on Revivogen or Tricomin?

Thanks so much!

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
fio said:
Hi,

Thanks for the input. I've done some reading on duasteride and find its use worrisome in that they don't know the potential side effects yet.

You're right. But it may be worth a try. You can always stop if you're having sides. After all, Dutas IS FDA approved - just not for hairloss.

fio

Reaction score
Waiting for a recommendation

Still waiting on a suggestion from one of you mederators on where do you think I should go from here. I've documented my regiments for the past several years and looking for a change. I'm all out of my most recent products, so an quick reply would be appreciated. I do not want to lose whatever gains I have made to this point.

Thanks again

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude, but dude you're 43. If I get to that age I'll just buzz it off. If you reach the age of 35 and you're balding, the consensus won't mind if you're balding. People mature and get old. I think battling hairloss should be on your late teens, 20's, and early-mid 30's. If you're 40, being bald/balding/buzzed should not be a big deal anymore. Live the rest of your life instead. I've been battling hairloss for 7 years but when I get to 35, I'll just buzz it off. Just my 2 cents.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude, but dude you're 43. If I get to that age I'll just buzz it off. If you reach the age of 35 and you're balding, the consensus won't mind if you're balding. People mature and get old. I think battling hairloss should be on your late teens, 20's, and early-mid 30's. If you're 40, being bald/balding/buzzed should not be a big deal anymore. Live the rest of your life instead. I've been battling hairloss for 7 years but when I get to 35, I'll just buzz it off. Just my 2 cents.
Well, I don't want to be rude, but you are replying a post that is from 2005 ! Jesus.

jazz1

Reaction score
I still have the original formula before he was closed down from back in 2009/2010….

Attachments

• 0EEB1E5F-9338-40D5-998B-3FA6DBB15A43.jpeg
    0EEB1E5F-9338-40D5-998B-3FA6DBB15A43.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 57