Nothing Is Working, What To Do Next?

JCam98

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short, I started to lose my hair at 16 years old, jumped on finasteride right away with a prescription from my doctor, and remained on it for 5 years. In March of this year, after only managing to slow the loss somewhat and seeing a huge acceleration in the speed of balding in the past two years, I made the switch to daily dutasteride.

Since then, it feels like I may as well be taking nothing. My hairloss has not slowed or stabilised, if anything the rate and volume of hair I’m losing has increased, and more and more ground retreats with every passing month, and it has never been in worse shape than it’s in now. I’m devastated.

At 21 years old, this has completely ruined my confidence. I started my treatment in my teens because I was led to believe that the younger you start the better it is, but no matter the treatment I throw at it I’m barely even slowing it down.

Frankly I’m just completely out of ideas, what options are left if even dutasteride isn’t working? I’ve been applying minoxidil daily for the past 2 years also, and tried dermstamping last year also (with no success). Just looking for some idea of what I could do next?

phalanx6013

Reaction score
Sorry to hear man, figured I'd chime in as I'm somewhat in the same boat, but much older than you. I've been on Finasteride/Minoxidil for at least 7 years now and switched to Dutasteride every other day in March. My hairline has taken a big hit but I also stopped using the Minoxidil since I thought the Dutasteride had me covered, might of been a very bad mistake. Now back on the Big 3 religiously and hoping I gain something back.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man, figured I'd chime in as I'm somewhat in the same boat, but much older than you. I've been on Finasteride/Minoxidil for at least 7 years now and switched to Dutasteride every other day in March. My hairline has taken a big hit but I also stopped using the Minoxidil since I thought the Dutasteride had me covered, might of been a very bad mistake. Now back on the Big 3 religiously and hoping I gain something back.

Are you back on minoxidil?!

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some ppl have such weak hair follicles that are so susceptible to dht and testosterone that even dutasteride doesn't work if not prescribed early in the game. N even then just slows it. Transplant if your donor is good n your head is small enough for coverage, or shave it. Rugs are pathetic, I'd rather shave in a heartbeat.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I started to lose my hair at 16 years old, jumped on finasteride right away with a prescription from my doctor, and remained on it for 5 years. In March of this year, after only managing to slow the loss somewhat and seeing a huge acceleration in the speed of balding in the past two years, I made the switch to daily dutasteride.

Since then, it feels like I may as well be taking nothing. My hairloss has not slowed or stabilised, if anything the rate and volume of hair I’m losing has increased, and more and more ground retreats with every passing month, and it has never been in worse shape than it’s in now. I’m devastated.

At 21 years old, this has completely ruined my confidence. I started my treatment in my teens because I was led to believe that the younger you start the better it is, but no matter the treatment I throw at it I’m barely even slowing it down.

Frankly I’m just completely out of ideas, what options are left if even dutasteride isn’t working? I’ve been applying minoxidil daily for the past 2 years also, and tried dermstamping last year also (with no success). Just looking for some idea of what I could do next?

Have you measured your blood hormone levels? How can anybody give you some advice when you don't know what is happening in your body?

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
could be telogen effluvium worsened by meds could be genetic fuckery going on. who knows.

dont expect anything from dht blockers, they're largely bunk

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you measured your blood hormone levels? How can anybody give you some advice when you don't know what is happening in your body?
Blood level won't tell how and when you'll lose your hair. You don't need high levels of DHT to lose hair. Ut all depends on the hair's susceptibility to DHT. The degree of weaknesses to DHT is what determines how much and how fast you'll lose.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Add topical antiandrogen.

You might be immune to 5ar inhibitors and you probably don’t even know it.

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Add topical antiandrogen.

You might be immune to 5ar inhibitors and you probably don’t even know it.

What topical aa's would you recommend? i'm in the same boat as OP. religious dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral, dermaroll usage and continued thinning and miniaturisation. I don't care about side effects anymore.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What topical aa's would you recommend? i'm in the same boat as OP. religious dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral, dermaroll usage and continued thinning and miniaturisation. I don't care about side effects anymore.
Throw-in anti-androgens. It's the last hope for men.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

CB, RU, darolutamide, enza. I would try them in that order.