Nothing Hides Thinning Better Than Length

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
holy sh*t, that is one diffused af crown. But the rest of ur hair seems good.
Also, put castor oil in your hair n let us see you at your worst. You’d be surprised

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, put castor oil in your hair n let us see you at your worst. You’d be surprised

I wont be suprised. Ive done that before and took pics but deleted it lol. When do it I am basically bald. Its not just the crown its literally everywhere and u can distinguish the nw7 pattern coming in, it thins all the way down halfway of the back of my head. Ill take a pic tmrow and post it. This is the closest I have and its fully wet with water under a light bulb. And the other is dry and right beside the bulb but not directly under.

Attachments

• IMG_20181214_211529.jpg
    IMG_20181214_211529.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_20181212_210404.jpg
    IMG_20181212_210404.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_20180729_003351.jpg
    IMG_20180729_003351.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks really good. How come you switched to 1mg per day from 0.5mg?

Cheers mate

I was actually on 0.5mg EOD, i switched because i felt i was losing ground at the time (probably was a shedding phase) and i was not experiencing any side so i thought i may as well just take the recommended dose daily.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How ratty does your hair get when you wake up tho? This is mine, and unless I shower it’s completely untamable lol. When my hair was thick I used to be able to wake up and comb for like 5 seconds and be on my way.

My hair is ok most mornings, but i think that is because my hair is a lot shorter than yours. The longer your hair the more of a bed head you're going to get.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The sad truth is diffuse thinners are destined to go bald regardless of treatment.

I don't think that's true, i was diffuse bit didn't know it, focus mostly on my bad crown all the top started thinning. Now on my regime the thinning at the top has gone but im still dealing with my crown, i put my regrowth on the top down to oral minoxidil.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s game over bro call dollar shave club n put me outta my misery

i would start dutasteride, oral minoxidil, topical minoxidil and dermarolling/stamping rather than taking finasteride and hoping for the best at your stage as it's aggressive . I get the exact same sides on dutasteride i did on finasteride, just slightly lower libido and less semen volume, no mental sides etc

Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would start dutasteride, oral minoxidil, topical minoxidil and dermarolling/stamping rather than taking finasteride and hoping for the best at your stage as it's aggressive . I get the exact same sides on dutasteride i did on finasteride, just slightly lower libido and less semen volume, no mental sides etc
I went to my Doctor recently and almost got on dutasteride but after looking at my DHT levels I decided against it. My DHT was basically nonexistent and I’m not sure if using dutasteride would be any different. But I might switch over when I see her again in two months.

Also that pic is with oil which makes it look 10x worse than even water. But I agree, it’s aggressive, I’m fucked

aggresivebalder

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to my Doctor recently and almost got on dutasteride but after looking at my DHT levels I decided against it. My DHT was basically nonexistent and I’m not sure if using dutasteride would be any different. But I might switch over when I see her again in two months.

Also that pic is with oil which makes it look 10x worse than even water. But I agree, it’s aggressive, I’m fucked
What’s your family history of male pattern baldness?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s your family history of male pattern baldness?
My dad died at 60 with an exceptional nw1. My brother is 31 with a really thick nw1. Maternal grandfather had “some recession” according to my mom. And only 1/3 brothers on my mom’s side went bald. My mom is also losing a lot of hair.

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad died at 60 with an exceptional nw1. My brother is 31 with a really thick nw1. Maternal grandfather had “some recession” according to my mom. And only 1/3 brothers on my mom’s side went bald. My mom is also losing a lot of hair.

Bro this is is really sad

Did it start by some recession? and at what age did you notice the very first signs?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro this is is really sad

Did it start by some recession? and at what age did you notice the very first signs?
Don’t make me feel worse... I started seeing signs literally only May of this year haha. Looking back I guess I did have some recession maybe a year or two ago but nothing major. I can still cover it pretty well with toppik and hairspray so if finasteride’s doing its job I may be okay. Who knows.

Attachments

• 81C34E5C-4B11-4D14-8530-26847A673AF1.jpeg
    81C34E5C-4B11-4D14-8530-26847A673AF1.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 98B7B58A-76BF-4570-BA10-7DDD9F5AA990.jpeg
    98B7B58A-76BF-4570-BA10-7DDD9F5AA990.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 244
  • E3A6DB5E-B92B-4957-AB36-8FB21243FAB9.jpeg
    E3A6DB5E-B92B-4957-AB36-8FB21243FAB9.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 261

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t make me feel worse... I started seeing signs literally only May of this year haha. Looking back I guess I did have some recession maybe a year or two ago but nothing major. I can still cover it pretty well with toppik and hairspray so if finasteride’s doing its job I may be okay. Who knows.

Your cover up game is impeccable

There's good chances your mother didn't really pay close attention to her dad's hair (like 95% of people) and thought it was fine

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your cover up game is impeccable

There's good chances your mother didn't really pay close attention to her dad's hair (like 95% of people) and thought it was fine
Thx bro. And yeah, she barely thinks I’m balding so I can imagine her dad being worse than she says haha.

aggresivebalder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx bro. And yeah, she barely thinks I’m balding so I can imagine her dad being worse than she says haha.
Same here moms hair has gone to sh*t, and it’s starting to look like that’s where I got my terrible density from. Have you tried microneedling? Heard it could help with density, I’m unsure if I should start it myself.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here moms hair has gone to sh*t, and it’s starting to look like that’s where I got my terrible density from. Have you tried microneedling? Heard it could help with density, I’m unsure if I should start it myself.
I did Microneedling for a short while but it just seemed like a hassle and I wasn’t sure if it was going to do anything without minoxidil

Dan13194

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for telling whether you're a diffuse thinner like this without actually cutting your hair super short? Wouldn't want to have to wear a hat for like two months until it grows back. Basically every day of my life I fixate on whether I'm going bald even though my hair has been unchanged for like two and a half years.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for telling whether you're a diffuse thinner like this without actually cutting your hair super short? Wouldn't want to have to wear a hat for like two months until it grows back. Basically every day of my life I fixate on whether I'm going bald even though my hair has been unchanged for like two and a half years.

Show us pics of ur hair wet and in different lighting, you can still tell if ur diffusing by that.

Dan13194

My Regimen
Reaction score
Show us pics of ur hair wet and in different lighting, you can still tell if ur diffusing by that.

Wet hair with gel, using flash, and basically right under a ceiling light. Like I said, all the hair loss indicators like my hairline and the width of my part have been steady for years, but maybe nature has just given me a temporary reprieve?
20181220_225825.jpg
20181220_225823.jpg

Attachments

• 20181220_225821.jpg
    20181220_225821.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 138

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score