Not wearing for the first time in 15 years!!

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i have noticed recently that i can get a similar look not wearing but always chickened out... but not anymore.

Its weird, a little scary, i keep checking in the mirror, I've only seen a couple of people and so far no odd glances upwards.:rolleyes:

I still might go back to wearing i wear a piece that lowers my hairline. I've been thinking about possible wearing a piece on my right recession area which at the moment i can cover as my hair is wavy. I have also thought about perhaps shaving my sides and back which i think always accentuates what you have on top....but i dont want to rush into anything in case i decide to go back to wearing.

I am expecting certain people to perhaps mention it but TBH I'm not sure I care as much anymore, my high hairline bothered me back when I was turning 30 but now i can see 50 on the horizon i dont think a higher hairline is unusual.

Guess we'll see, i might change my mind tomorrow morning if i've had a rough night.:D

Last edited:

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you only wear to lower your hairline?

Regardless, I hope you are happy with the decision and it works well for you. These things matter far more to us than anyone else so don't be too concerned about others.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi ChromeyFirefox - yes I just wore a thin piece under my existing hairline to lower my hairline and it also probably thickened up my existing hair.

I'm still thinking of wearing a recession piece on one side as one side seems harder to cover up compared to the other.

Thanks for you positive words.

Reaction score
Mrdavies, can I ask; Is it easy to get a good match with your bio hair with such a small partial? I'm considering something similar to what you do, just wondering how easy it will be to match my own hair, which is super fine. Also, getting the right colour match must be tricky? Or maybe people dont really pay that much attention and I'm wondering about nothing! Also, did you find the partial didn't keep its attachment for very long, due to being much smaller than a normal hair piece? Thanks!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. I wear for the same exact reason. To cover a stupid, high, receeded hairline. I always wear full pieces though, cutting them to ~7x9.

I wish I looked good w a shaved head because this business of wearing for extended periods is annoying af!

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Mrdavies, can I ask; Is it easy to get a good match with your bio hair with such a small partial? I'm considering something similar to what you do, just wondering how easy it will be to match my own hair, which is super fine. Also, getting the right colour match must be tricky? Or maybe people dont really pay that much attention and I'm wondering about nothing! Also, did you find the partial didn't keep its attachment for very long, due to being much smaller than a normal hair piece? Thanks!
Hi there,
when i first started wearing i had my hair much longer a bit like the old curtain style haircut, back then it was really easy as i mixed the partial in with my normal hair and blending wasnt an issue...i had brown hair but it was different shades of brown so matching colour wasn't easy but didn't really matter too much then.

I then (years later) decided to have a shorter style more of a brushed back look this meant blending had to be good but by this time i had considerable amount of grey which made it much easier.

As for people paying attention i very much doubt others pay attention as much as we do, i went from loads of hair to shorter hair, if you went the other way round people may notice but probably just think you've grown your hair which a lot of people have had to do anyway with covid.

I use tape for the partial and sometimes i did notice it loosening after a few days but the vast majority of the time it didnt and i wear for a week before re-attaching.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow. I wear for the same exact reason. To cover a stupid, high, receeded hairline. I always wear full pieces though, cutting them to ~7x9.

I wish I looked good w a shaved head because this business of wearing for extended periods is annoying af!
when i started to wear i thought it was just me who wanted to wear for this reason, but when i asked the hair replacement companies apparently it's common.