Not the IRS's Story

Not the IRS

Reaction score
Hello to everyone at HairLossTalk.com:

I have been a lurker for many years here. I have learned a lot from many posters over the years. I am still fighting or attempting to fight the good fight. I am nearly 40 and so far so good. I have been using both NIZORAL 1%(3 times a week) for the last several years. I believe it’s a great shampoo. It HAS cleared up all the problems I have ever had with my scalp. I only wish I had this product during my teenage years. I tried the 2% version over the last year and felt the 1% worked fine so no need to pay extra for the 2%. I've also been using Tricomin(about 2-3 times a week), Rogaine 5%(foam nightly), Revivogen(nightly) & Revivogen shampoo as well over the last 6 months. I'd consider myself a diffuse thinner. I had very thick hair as a child right up thru most of my 20's. Again, my thinning has been very slow over time. I do however believe that the Revivogen/combo has helped "slow things down".

Yes, like others my hair can get very dry and stringy by the 3rd day of using that Nizoral 1%. I still believe it's a great product. My scalp is MUCH healthier overall. I admit the quality of my hair is looking better over the last 3 months but that does not necessarily mean there is much growth and/or regrowth. Under bright lights you can see some scalp but for my age I believe my hair is still decent at this time. I have also tried the Revita shampoo and believe that it’s a good product but more expensive compared to Nizoral. I rotate this with the Revivogen shampoo and a cheaper VO5 volumizing shampoo. I also use that VO5 shampoo as a base and rinse out before putting on either the Nizoral or Revivogen shampoo. This saves the more expensive products over the long term because you only need a little Nizoral or Revivogen shampoo to make a great lather.

I wanted to avoid Propecia/finasteride because of the possible side effects. That is one of the reasons why I went with Revivogen, 5% Rogaine and Nizoral. I still believe Revivogen is working to slow things down but I don’t yet know if things have been “haltedâ€￾ just yet. Time will obviously tell. I will probably give an update on things as I get closer to my 1 year timeline. I plan on staying committed to this regiment right thru the rest of 2009.

I wish everyone the best of luck in their treatments.

Not the IRS