Not sure where to start

larsb

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been extra paranoid about hair loss since i was told by an ex that i was going to be bald by 30. Funny I was the one letting her go because she was a b**ch...go figure (over a different issue.) After this statement i started examining myself daily, counting hairs while showering/on the pillow. I noticed some...not sure if it was the same as always or if it was worse since I've never paid attention. This has to of been 3 years ago.

I still over analyze in the mirror. I have always noticed seeing the top of my head even longer ago than the 3 years...probably 6 years ago now. So here are some questions...

I have always had wirey type hair...like rough...never soft or anything like that, sure i got it from my mom, she has the same texture as i do. being this way is it more visible to see the scalp? i have never had thick hair and i think this texture makes it even worse now that i've began to study it everyday.

When i water it flat down (as if you put gel in it) you can see some scalp, looks normal, but if i water it and spike it all straight up it looks like i'm missing a lot....what is the best way to see the reality of your missing spots? drenched wet and down? up? shaved? dry? which way should i view it to see where I stand? I have had a widows peak since i can remember, i do believe it has matured a little bit (which i don't like) but it is not to the point where i see it as a huge issue...yet! i have taken so many looks, pictures etc...some look like i have a problem, some look like i'm being paranoid...i don't know what to do...

I recently shaved my head to try to see where i'm missing, but it didn't help me at all (didn't look like i imagined back there...no gaping hole or anything, just the scar in the mid of my head with no hair on it which is small, but i notice it of course!)...i am currently 2 months into the regrowth process and it is getting me paranoid more so because of the length and how this length looks on me.

seriously thinking about propecia...not scared of the side effects, more so about taking it for the rest of my life...but if i'm definately going bald, i think it may be worth it...but then again i don't know until i am actually burdened with it...i used to have hyperhydrosis and didnt think using a drionic device all the time would bother me, it did...i ended up getting surgery to correct it (dripping wet palms, arm pits, feet with no ending even if i sat in front of an air condition...it is a cns issue) thanks for reading if you did...i'm just miserable at this point.