Not Sure What To Do. When Will Finasteride Start To Work?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same boat as me. Started Minoxidil 6 months ago and it seems to have only done damage. I started with Finasteride 8-9 months ago which reduced my shedding but not much more.

Give everything a go but it's not a given that you get any gains or even reduce your hair loss.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you thought about stopping Minoxidil? Im afraid if I stop, my hair thats become dependent on it the past 6 months will fall out.

It's not a hassle for me to apply it to be honest so no, not really. I'm using foam btw.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't work for everybody. I tried Rogaine on my crown when i fist started losing it but it only made it worse i had the shed without the regrowth.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you stop using Rogaine? Did hair loss stop when you stopped.
I originally started it 20 years ago then after 3 months stopped because the regrowth didn't happen and it was getting worse but back then i didn't know that you had to use it with finasteride. I went back to it after a transplant around 7 years ago, didn't think it did much until i stopped taking it for a few months it was only then that i found out exactly how much of my hair was dependant on it. Its now pretty much there for maintenance not regrowth.

Last edited: