Not sure what to do... shave or consider FUE?

ElTigre

Reaction score
I was able to get away with a short style on a #2 but now my temples have receded and i'm left with a little patch of hair in the front. I'm not sure if it's from the rogaine or not but I can see hair is there on the temples but it's very faint.

Anyway, I don't think i have the head shape to pull off the full shave without looking terrible and I'm not sure if i should consider FUE. I have friends that have gone full shave and they can pull it off but unfortunately i don't think im in that boat.

I guess i'm looking for thoughts/feedback...suggestions from anyone in a similar situation.. pics attached. thanks

unnamed (4).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed (3).jpghangout_snapshot_8.jpghangout_snapshot_4.jpghangout_snapshot_6.jpghangout_snapshot_0.jpg

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I had a perfectly shaped head like that, I would totally just shave my head. Unfortunately I look like a turtle.

You look good man, plus you have blue eyes (correct?). You DO have a good shaped head. Mine is literally cone shaped. If you ask me I would say shave it. Other than that you could definitely try finasteride, ketoconazole, and minoxidil together. I have seen some amazing results with that combination.

I would not suggest FUE right off the bat. Maybe someone more experienced could chime in. From what I hear a lot of transplant surgeons suggest you get on finasteride 6 months prior to FUE anyway? Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

To be honest, and no homo, but you're a good looking guy. You have the eastern european manly look going. Go with it, just my 2 cents.

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem here is that you look to have thinning all over the top of your scalp. It looks like you're a Norwood 4 or 5 pattern -- it's my best estimate given I can't really see the back portion of your head. You still have some hair in the middle, albeit very thin. Unless you're in this thing for the long haul, i.e. spending big, like the price of a new car kind of big, on a hair transplant to get good coverage -- even Norwood 5's can still get good results from a hair transplant -- as well as going on the big 3 (finasteride, minoxidil, and keto shampoo), it would be best to just go full on Michael Chiklis, my dude. There are other options like scalp micropigmentation -- basically a temporary hair tattoo that lasts a few years -- for men who want the look of having hair even though they don't.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
no joke man...You really pull off the look. If I saw you, I would obviously notice first thing that your bald, but I wouldn't think of it as a hand-cap in your particular case.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey man if you got the money I'd say go for the fue!
Whatever makes you happy of course.
The amount of donor hair you've shown to have from your pics you could easily get back to a NW2. Full head of hair...
Pretty amazing.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
+1 again. its unfortunate that youve gone bald, but it DOES look good. (you have to understand it will always look weird to you, but listen to the ppl here and there unbiased comments. u can pull it off. any attempt to conceal it via smp, or transplants, would just look fake.

my advice is to just leave it. trust us, it looks fine. it looks masculin.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good bald. I'd leave my hair alone if I looked like you. Some people look great bald, for others it's a huge handicap and makes them look awful.

Keep it shaved imo

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
LMFAO, a turtle !! :worthless:

- - - Updated - - -

To the author : Shave + A little demmatch on top you will be fine

Haha I don't have a picture of me with turtle look! But I'm going to Columbia soon for a vacation and was planning on shaving to see what it looked like right before I leave. If I do I'll post pics.

To the original poster, trust me, leave it. Some people look good without hair, some look horrible. I would much rather keep my hormones at normal levels (vs Finasteride) if I could pull it off.

shreyas24

Banned
Reaction score
Even if you shave it helps you so its better to consider to take FUE or Hair Transplantation Treatment