Not Sure What To Do At This Point With My Hair?

JoeyJTx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m 30 and since around 25-26, my hair in the middle started to thin. It’s at the point know where it’s like I’m going bald and I’m not sure what to do?

About a year or two ago I went to who was considered one of the best hair plant doctors in Houston. He combed through my dandruff hair and gave me a paper listing 5 things:

Rogaine
Biotin 5-10k mg
Lasercap
Nizzoral
Finasteride

Finasteride is a deal breaker for me as i feel like I’d be the one percent who experience any terrible side effects.

I was recently given the following:

Nizzoral shampoo
3 months of Rogaine
Hairmax advanced 7 laser comb

And about two weeks ago, I started using the nizzoral 1-2 times a week, the Rogaine in the morning and before I go to bed, and I put the hair max 7 around my head every other day for 15 mins.

I did have slight headaches with the Rogaine so I started using less and notice no more headaches, but I have a pretty bad issue now.

My head was already kind of patchy when it grows out, now my hair looks like it went through a weird phases where I look bald and patchy.

Is this normal? Should I continue using what I’m doing, and add lavender oil 4 hours after adding Rogaine?

Or just shave my whole head off and just say whatever?

I am a African American so the hairmax comb does feel like just a comb on my bald head.

Just kind of confused now. Guess I either need to shave my head if I don’t pay $10k for a transplant?