Not sure what to add, as my next step..

mgmt

Reaction score
I've read about spironolactone and Xandrox mainly, but I'm still not sure which road to choose. Or both? I currently use 5% minoxidil, but I'm thinking of switching to Lee's ppg-free formula. My forms are actually going out to him, in the mail tomorrow :)

I've been back on minoxidil for only a few months and have seen "decent" results. Even up front and near temples, but mainly non-terminal looking hairs. The impressive part however, is that hairs are visable in a hair-line from 3-4 years ago. The downside, is I haven't seen much improvement in the crown and vertex. These areas are mainly diffuse thining, so it's really difficult to guage, at this point. Furthermore, I'm only able to use minoxidil every other day (1x-day), because of major flaking and irritation.

In the opinon of someone who's seen or used these combinations, what is really a decent option?

1) minoxidil (5%) occasionally and spironolactone
2) Ppg-free minoxidil used as reccomended (2x-day)
3) Ppg-free and spironolactone
4) Xandrox and spironolactone

I can't wait to hear what the Doctor has to say, so I'm looking for a little advanced insight. From what I've read, some spironolactone users have seen decent results in the front/temple areas. Could similar results be expected, if used in the crown/vertex? I thought I read somewhere this was a no-no..

Sorry for all the questions, but from my prior lurking, it seems there are some very up-front and knowledgable people here. Thanks in advance guys.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should try spironolactone and see if it works out for you. I think minoxidil alone wont maintain. Xandrox is different and i havent tried that alone yet. The azelaic acid in not proven. I have used all three products. (not minoxidil and xandrox at same time)

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
go for ppg-free minoxidil and spironolactone combination.

tricomin scalp therapy spray and nizoral/t-gel shampoo rotation will help irritation.

mgmt

Reaction score
Thanks for the impute fellas. In your experience or research, has spironolactone had bad (fallout) effects on crown and vertex? I thought I read something about that, but can't track down the article. Most threads I've seen, suggest using it in front/temple area, for best results..

Thoughts?