Not Sure About Ru58841 And Male Pattern Baldness (8 Noob Ques)

John1337

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,
so Im 21years old, started noticing hair loss at about 19y, went to a doctor who told me its male pattern baldness, tried minoxidil 5%(regaine) twice a day for like a year, didnt do much. Added 50mg RU and 1% Ket daily 1month ago. I know its too early to say much about RU's effectiveness, but this is getting really scary, Im probably at Norwood 3 by now and Im almost desperate enough to try finasteride.
Heres some pics. First row is 1 Month ago, 2nd is yesterday.
20160626_215301.jpg20160626_215312.jpg
20160724_222144.jpg20160724_222245.jpg
RU is supposed to be the "serum-non-affecting" solution, but that didnt quite work that way for me, so having to imagine that itll probably be a lot worse on finasteride is quite bad. Before I started taking RU my libido was insane, i used to masturbate like 4-5 times a day, first week on Ru it dropped to 1, erections werent as hard and no morning wood, which sucked a lot. Not because I missed masturbating tho lol. But that's fixed itself and erectability is quite ok again, masturbation is sitting at about 2-3/day now, which Ive come to terms with.

1. So plz tell me what to do, do I just start taking finasteride 1mg/day now?
2. Do I first wait for RU to start doing its magic and make me not lose hair anymore?
3. How high is the chance itll(finasteride) irreversibly(!) f*** my libido/erectability over?
4. Is there even a slight chance it wont affect libido at all?
5. Is it true that RU and finasteride together are worse for libido than both individually, should I maybe stop RU and switch to finasteride instead?

Also, about Ket(/Nizoral):
On the german forums I was told to get 50% Ket Shampoo(2%) with 50% Ethanol/PG and make a lotion out of that, which is applied for 30-60min, then washed off. This is done every 2 days for 3 weeks, then you stop for 1 week.
6. What do you think about that procedure compared to using the Shampoo/Nizoral directly?
Every time I rub that in I end up with like 70-80 hairs on my hands, which isnt exactly nice.
Applying RU loses me about 10-20hairs, but I do it after washing my hair.
Applying Regaine used to lose me about 10-80 hairs morning and evening, but "regaine-hairloss" almost completely stopped and is usually at about 5-10 now.
7. What do you think about those numbers? Can i just stop using Ket maybe or is it actually worth it?
Sometimes I cant afford looking like (even worse) sh*t the whole day due to having to apply 50 different topicals.
8. How will pausing treatment(RU, minoxidil and finasteride) for up to 1 week affect hairloss progress(male pattern baldness/shedding)?

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your balding is coming along nicely

g.i joey

Reaction score
Take what I say with a grain of salt but ru doesn't do sh*t imo, at least the ru users are buying on the forums doesn't because no one has a success story. Don't chance with it.

Try finasteride out for 2 months. If you feel sides that are unbearable just stop taking it, the chances of you doing irreversible damage is super low, if there even is a potential chance. but the chances of you going bald are high and you're diffuse af! My suggestion. Take finasteride and min, at 2 months evaluate if it's worth it or not and make your decision.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah bro i wouldnt waste my time with RU ive been on it for 4 months and it hasnt done anything. But who knows maybe itll help you, im going to quit once i run out (probably 2-3 weeks from now). Ive been on finasteride for 11 months no results either although no sides so i guess thats good. id say try finasteride

btw RU can get quite expensive

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you're taking RU and you're "almost desperate enough to try finasteride" ??? no offense brother, but your logic is backwards. Get on finasteride.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you freaking out about the idea of trying a drug with a low side effect profile, yet you're willing to rub a questionable, fairly untested chemical onto your scalp? I don't understand this line of thinking. People should try the tested, medically and scientifically proven things as their first line of defense, and go to the experimental stuff as a last resort imo.

John1337

My Regimen
Reaction score
@transam plz stop triggering meh

@buckthorn @kj6723 Well, ive read this: pfsfoundation.org/post-finasteride-syndrome-sexual-symptoms/
There doesnt seem to be anything like that for RU. So... yeah... I guess Ill have to try finasteride now tho.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@transam plz stop triggering meh

@buckthorn @kj6723 Well, ive read this: pfsfoundation.org/post-finasteride-syndrome-sexual-symptoms/
There doesnt seem to be anything like that for RU. So... yeah... I guess Ill have to try finasteride now tho.

I understand completely. I had a very nightmarish experience with finasteride and will never even look at the stuff again (few "sides" except rapid, rapid hair loss and progression of male pattern baldness). I wish you good luck.

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First, realize that there are no sure bets. Everything is a roll of the dice. Finasteride works for a good deal of people, but also not for a good deal of people. Some get totally fucked over by it, and some of those get fucked over for life. When it comes to finasteride, it's only a question of what you are willing to risk for something that may or may not happen.

This isn't fearmongering. It's just ugly, gray, reality.

John1337

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, Ive been taking finasteride 0,5mg a day for about 1-2weeks now, sides i had: Almost no libido, can still get erections if i try, but im just not really interested in doing anything with them, also penis feels kinda numb unless i dont masturbate for like 2-3days. Thats pretty bad imo. How long should I keep taking finasteride before its safe to say itll stay like this unless I stop? Should i go see an endocrinologist? Would getting a Testosterone prescription or whatever help in case my T is too low?