Not getting a toupe

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
According to a BHT site i was looking at out of curiosity body hair implanted into the scalp can grow up to 5cm long but no more than that. I personally think its down to how much dht is in your the scalp. My body hair is is about 2-4 cm long so i dont see how i could get it to grow to 5cm long on my scalp if i were to get it done. However from what Bryan tells me some dht is actually generated in scalp follicles meaning there may be a higher concentration of dht there that could make transplanted body hair to the scalp grow to such lengths.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know why you would want facial hair on your head to be honest.

First of all facial hair is usually kinky even if you have straight hair on your scalp, and the distance between each follicle from what I know is farther than the follicles on your head, so...you would still look like you're losing.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well i know you can get body and scalp hair transplanted on to your face to give you full coverage of a beard. So i imagine you could do the same the other way round. Your probably better using body hair though as there's plenty of it.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I kinda lol at the fact some people get transplants for anything that hasn't to do with the scalp...but that's me.

Also bodily hair is weak from my understanding. They never grow long enough before they shed...it's worse than facial hair I know that much.