Not Being Able To Be Consistent With Minoxidil

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil from the last 5 months or so (10% once a day). So this week of holidays we decided to go on a trip to Australia and the problem is whenever I apply minoxidil it makes my hairs look like sh*t as it gets all dry and sticky. So I will be with my girlfriend and my friends and let's just say they don't have a clue about the treatments and I don't want to reveal atleast not now :p So this current week I won't be able to apply minoxidil like consistently would probably shift the time I normally apply or even miss two days worth of application in a row so will it f*** up my hair cycle? I somehow got over the shed that was happening probably due to Finasteride and it's a Christmas Miracle that the shed has stopped I can't afford to go through another shed. So please guys help me out?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read that doubling the dosage before hitting bed MIGHT prevent you from f*****g up your current cycle, if you don't have any other opportunity to take it.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get the cheap german stemox from ebay or amazon. It does not make your hair look like sh*t, so use that in the morning. minoxidil a bit before bedtime, problem solved. minoxidil works for 22h either way, so the difference is most likely going to be insignificant. 10% minoxidil is also a waste of money for various reasons by the way.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get the cheap german stemox from ebay or amazon. It does not make your hair look like sh*t, so use that in the morning. minoxidil a bit before bedtime, problem solved. minoxidil works for 22h either way, so the difference is most likely going to be insignificant. 10% minoxidil is also a waste of money for various reasons by the way.

Do you think it's safe to drop down from Minoxidil twice a day to once/apply only once with double dosage without loss of gains?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it's safe to drop down from Minoxidil twice a day to once/apply only once with double dosage without loss of gains?

Yes. Single dose would be enough. 1x is considered to be fine to stay stable. There is not even much difference between 1% and 5%, a comparison study showed like 5 more hairs on the 5% solution... Safe money on minoxidil and employ some other mechanics like stemox.

resu

Reaction score
I found minoxidil that is still clear dries quickly and is generally less greasy but still as efficient if not more. Maybe try the foam, I've read that it can double as a styling agent.