Not Being Able To Be Consistent With Minoxidil | HairLossTalk Forums

Not Being Able To Be Consistent With Minoxidil

Discussion in 'Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin,' started by Arko, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Arko

Arko Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have been using minoxidil from the last 5 months or so (10% once a day). So this week of holidays we decided to go on a trip to Australia and the problem is whenever I apply minoxidil it makes my hairs look like shit as it gets all dry and sticky. So I will be with my girlfriend and my friends and let's just say they don't have a clue about the treatments and I don't want to reveal atleast not now :p So this current week I won't be able to apply minoxidil like consistently would probably shift the time I normally apply or even miss two days worth of application in a row so will it fuck up my hair cycle? I somehow got over the shed that was happening probably due to finasteride and it's a Christmas Miracle that the shed has stopped I can't afford to go through another shed. So please guys help me out?

2. Alphalete

Alphalete Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've read that doubling the dosage before hitting bed MIGHT prevent you from fucking up your current cycle, if you don't have any other opportunity to take it.

3. HairCook

HairCook Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Get the cheap german stemox from ebay or amazon. It does not make your hair look like shit, so use that in the morning. minoxidil a bit before bedtime, problem solved. minoxidil works for 22h either way, so the difference is most likely going to be insignificant. 10% minoxidil is also a waste of money for various reasons by the way.

4. Alphalete

Alphalete Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Do you think it's safe to drop down from Minoxidil twice a day to once/apply only once with double dosage without loss of gains?

5. HairCook

HairCook Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes. Single dose would be enough. 1x is considered to be fine to stay stable. There is not even much difference between 1% and 5%, a comparison study showed like 5 more hairs on the 5% solution... Safe money on minoxidil and employ some other mechanics like stemox.

Alphalete likes this.
  6. resu

resu Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I found minoxidil that is still clear dries quickly and is generally less greasy but still as efficient if not more. Maybe try the foam, I've read that it can double as a styling agent.