Not bald at all but have a thinning top & high hairline - Will Ghostbond even work?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I believe it's new, or new-sh, and you may be able to get it from ProLabs. But when I called and inquired, they said it's for professional use only & can be dangerous if used incorrectly. I can't remember what David told me exactly: I believe both its fumes & its just being on the scalp aren't good.
Yeah, I would use it on top of Ghostbond, perhaps only when I get a small lift somewhere. Depends ofcourse how long you have to wait before attaching.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I would use it on top of Ghostbond, perhaps only when I get a small lift somewhere. Depends ofcourse how long you have to wait before attaching.
On top of ghostbond ???? WHY ? The weak spot of every bond is your skin not the lace or poly.
Why they don´t sell it I don´t know. It´s just a silicone bond

Fanjeera

Reaction score
On top of ghostbond ???? WHY ? The weak spot of every bond is your skin not the lace or poly.
Why they don´t sell it I don´t know. It´s just a silicone bond
In that case it's not that good of an idea I guess. I often get lifts where the lace has actually lilfted, not the whole glue layers with it. If the whole glue layers lift, I guess you have to do the 4 layers of Ghostbond again.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get my first try with Vapon No Tape today. Just put a bit on my arm see how it reacts etc.
I think in max 2 days I will share my result.
First off all I have to say that the thing with the tube could be more manageable than this walker things with a brush in a bottle. let´s wait
Sadly, PHL´s alternative silicone bond was not available

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get my first try with Vapon No Tape today. Just put a bit on my arm see how it reacts etc.
I think in max 2 days I will share my result.
First off all I have to say that the thing with the tube could be more manageable than this walker things with a brush in a bottle. let´s wait
Sadly, PHL´s alternative silicone bond was not available
You’re saying vapon in a tube is better than bottle and brush, or bottle and brush is better? Didn’t really catch you there.
Which is better and why?

can’t wait to hear your experiences

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In Tube seems NOW to be better. You just squeeze the thing and don´t have so much mess. But just lets wait. I will share my oppinion here. I tried a PHL white bond on my arm before with 2 coats of max hold, it doesn´t work. If this thing is not itchy or whatever I will give it a try on my head. Without any scalp protectors, in my oppinion they don´t work (for me).

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're saying white bond w scalp protector doesn't work on your arm? Like it's not sticky at all? - or is it itchy? I'm not really following.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 24 hours just a bit of itching and a little redness (Vapon No Tape). The redness could come from tearing off some hairs from my arm.
I will give it a try on my head soon.

DarkStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
After 24 hours just a bit of itching and a little redness (Vapon No Tape). The redness could come from tearing off some hairs from my arm.
I will give it a try on my head soon.
I'd give that one a miss. Itching and redness on the patch test = an allergic reaction.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it´s ok. I´ve done several patch tests and it´s really ok. Or do you all have no itching on skin with full bonding ?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I´ve putted Vapon Notape on some kind of cardboard (small) and put it on my head. No reaction, no redness no itching ^^
As I have a very sensitive skin and neurodermatitis my skin on forearm is always a bit red, neither is my scalp

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Little Update:
I´ve bonded my UTS system 2 days ago with vapon no tape. BTW no itching or whatever at all.
The glue comes in a tube. This is a bit tricky. Advantage is you can use a brush and put the glue on it and then from brush to skin or system. It is a bit easier to use than the other method with the brush like Walker products.
Absolute negative is that the tube is not really tight. The product runs out of it after use which is a mess. I nearly needed a complete 0.5 oz tube to glue the system.