Not bald at all but have a thinning top & high hairline - Will Ghostbond even work?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't wear because I'm bald bald but because I want fuller, nicer hair, with - especially - a lower hairline.

That's why I got into toupees.

With tape I could easily attach over a buzzed zone, but I'm finding the hold isn't adaquete with Ghostbond.

Using Got2B w/ UTS, I noticed it bonds very laudably to my forehead, but not so well on the rest of my scalp, which has growing hair.

The same is, more or less true, with Ghostbond. I seldom try employing that glue unless it's on an old piece I am willing to ruin - since I generally encounter trouble with it.

By trouble I mean, it holds well until my next shower, despite waiting 24 hrs.

I wonder if this is due to the fact that I am not bald. I never really considered it before because, with tape, this was not an issue.

During the Pandemic I was getting very strong holds with lace + Got2B, but I was trimming down before every application, as I wasn't applying frequently.

I tried the same with UTS, and the holds isn't nearly as good. I do believe Got2B works substantially better w lace than it does with UTS, or any poly for that matter, as the lace's ventilation lends itself to quick drying & provides more surfaces for the gel to cling to.

At the same, I noticed that, with UTS + Got2B, the hold was very, very good in the front, where it was attached to the hairless portion of my 5-head. ;)

I honestly don't want to wear a partial as I hate the texture of my normal hair, but maybe that's the route I need to go?

For anyone who doesn't know, I am allergic to tape and acrlylic glue, but do fine w white glue. Soon I'll have a battered UTS piece on which to expiriment but I'm feeling maybe the fact that I have a buzzcut, and not a major bald portion from which a tiny hair sprouts here and there, is causing my bonding problem.

Thoughts?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ghostbond is a white glue, but also with acrylic copolymer. Don´t know why it works for you.
Never tried Got2B, but it isn´t meant for bonding hair. It for sure has ingedrients in it which are not good for the skin in a bigger area. It doens´t matter because it´s designed for something different.
Try something else go for silicone glue. Vapon No Tape seems to be really hypoallergenic. Walker Tape also have a tape which is not based on acryl. Don´t remember the name yet.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ghostbond is not white glue - it's just a white-colored gel. Either way, I don't use the white but the black clear gel.

It worked very well w lace, not UTS. I imagine the accylic content is so low it doesn't irrirate, or I don't have it on my skin for long enough. Some tapes break me out way faster than others.

Ghostbond, a true white glue for hair, contains acrylic but doesn't affect me.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ghostbond is a white glue, but also with acrylic copolymer. Don´t know why it works for you.
Never tried Got2B, but it isn´t meant for bonding hair. It for sure has ingedrients in it which are not good for the skin in a bigger area. It doens´t matter because it´s designed for something different.
Try something else go for silicone glue. Vapon No Tape seems to be really hypoallergenic. Walker Tape also have a tape which is not based on acryl. Don´t remember the name yet.
Have you tried Silicone? I heard it's very, very strong!

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it isn´t.
I use Walker Extreme Hold. It lasts maximum 10 days for me.
Ok If you don´t touch your hair it could last longer.
I have no other choice since I´m allergic to all white glues I´ve tried so far.
But there are much more options I can use or try someday. Next I would give this a try

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it isn´t.
I use Walker Extreme Hold. It lasts maximum 10 days for me.
Ok If you don´t touch your hair it could last longer.
I have no other choice since I´m allergic to all white glues I´ve tried so far.
But there are much more options I can use or try someday. Next I would give this a try

What is Walker Extreme Hold? I cannot find it anywhere. Do you have a link to it?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks so much. Hopefully, it works. Heard they're difficult to work with, these silicone glues. How's hairpiece cleanup afterward, impossible? ;)

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I haven´t tried it yet. But when I have I will write here if there is a difference to the walker silicone stuff

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I haven´t tried it yet. But when I have I will write here if there is a difference to the walker silicone stuff
I know - I'm sure they're more the same than different. The Walker is comparatively expensive.

Could ou describe Silicoen a bit? I'm reading in reviews it's very hard to deal w/? Mixed reviews on efficacy of hold...

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where I live Extreme Hold is cheaper, it´s not much but ok.
For myself, a holding time of 4-6 weeks as they say it not usual. If you´re very careful I would say it´s about 3 weeks. For me its about 10 days, which is ok.
It´s not harder to deal with than Ultra Hold, maybe even a bit better. It´s a BIT less "stringy" I think. And , no redness, itching etc at all ^^
For myself I made the experience that it even holds better WITHOUT any things like max hold sport or anything like that.
Cleaning is just the same than ultra hold or white glue.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where I live Extreme Hold is cheaper, it´s not much but ok.
For myself, a holding time of 4-6 weeks as they say it not usual. If you´re very careful I would say it´s about 3 weeks. For me its about 10 days, which is ok.
It´s not harder to deal with than Ultra Hold, maybe even a bit better. It´s a BIT less "stringy" I think. And , no redness, itching etc at all ^^
For myself I made the experience that it even holds better WITHOUT any things like max hold sport or anything like that.
Cleaning is just the same than ultra hold or white glue.
Interesting. And is the same true for Vapon's product I assume?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don´t try it yet. I have a new bottle of extreme hold here, i think it will last for maybe 2 years. i think before i try vapon i will give the pro hair labs thing a try

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical silicone they say. Its not a hard bond.
Its obvious less toxic than ultra hold, which has several ingridients in it which are harmful to health

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this something new? What does it contain? The ingredients are probably toxic and not meant directly again
I believe it's new, or new-sh, and you may be able to get it from ProLabs. But when I called and inquired, they said it's for professional use only & can be dangerous if used incorrectly. I can't remember what David told me exactly: I believe both its fumes & its just being on the scalp aren't good.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical silicone they say. Its not a hard bond.
Its obvious less toxic than ultra hold, which has several ingridients in it which are harmful to health
What do you mean it's not hard bond? Someone else alluded to Silicone not be "hard" - so what is it, goop?