Norwood Update...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
What's my status? I've been shedding a lot in the last 2 months, probably because I switched from dutasteride to finasteride.

frontxk2.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

youngbaldie

Established Member
Reaction score
You seem to be about a Norwood 1.5

You really look like a person with just a mature hair line and normal head of hair. Nobody could tell that you have male pattern baldness.

Why did you get off dutasteride?

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't even tell that you are having male pattern baldness...
Your hair looks great to me

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
all i see if a mature hairline, how ever your templs look like they are thinning to ME. watch out for that

s.a.f

Reaction score
I agree, things look good.

Sean68

Reaction score
awww i really wanted to say my usual 'looks the same to me mate' thing but gotta say its looking better. thickest ive seen it actually. definitely not
a 2.5 as you were thinking a couple of weeks ago

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, everybody.

I do feel that I'm maintaining pretty well on the medications. Maybe I could upload a pic of my brother, who is a Norwood 4 (no exaggeration). He was nearly bald at my age.

One of the hard facts of male pattern baldness that has affected me is simply that the diameter of my hair is very, VERY thin compared to how it was 2 and a half years ago. I do not have many styling options, and everytime I comb my hair (like in the above), I am shocked to see so many hairs.

Even with a hairline transplant by (IMO, the greatest) Dr. Armani, I'd still have thin hair. While I may have a lot of it, each individual hair is skimpy and colorless, and probably miniaturizing. With that said, I probably won't be a good candidate for Armani's "best" results.

Anywho... Thanks again, guys. Any other comments are welcome and highly appreciated.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alright?

your hair looks great! id grow it long because I'M A STINKING HIPPY. but you may not be.

yer but it does look really good, wish mine was like that. i think you've some slight thinning in the front but i cant tell if thats male pattern baldness or just natural (its quite common).

docj077

Reaction score
Hair looks good, but there is something crazy going on with your face. You might want to see a doctor about that.

Keyser Söze

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk I know you had terrible sides from propecia the first time around how are thing this time ? Are you experiencing any sides. Thanks

G

Aplunk said:
I do not have many styling options, and everytime I comb my hair (like in the above), I am shocked to see so many hairs.

I know how you feel, finding them in my comb or in the bathroom almost makes me cry. I can´t believe that I still have some hairs left going by the amount I am shedding. Well, I am going for dutasteride in the next days. Hope this is gonna save my hair(what is left of it).

I have to be honest about your hair though: Sure, it doesn´t look dramatic, yet, but these people who claim to not see any male pattern baldness are either blind or have no idea what they are talking about it. Even if you ignore the temple recession and call it a "mature hairline" you can easily see the classical male pattern baldness thinning at the crown. I would have spotted you at Uni in a second. Sry, but had to tell you the truth.

Good Luck for the future, mate!

antonio666

Reaction score
your hair looks great,slight bit of thinning in the tempes but that is it ,if a 12 year old had that hair you would not think it looked odd

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking good Aplunk. 99% of the population will not scroup your hair like a mental patient like the way Tuag does. After all this is a guy who is housebound becuase of his NW2 :roll:

You are golden brother. It does not even register as baldness to most chicks untill its past NW3

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how much does soles go for this days anyway?

youngbaldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Aplunk said:
I do not have many styling options, and everytime I comb my hair (like in the above), I am shocked to see so many hairs.

I know how you feel, finding them in my comb or in the bathroom almost makes me cry. I can´t believe that I still have some hairs left going by the amount I am shedding. Well, I am going for dutasteride in the next days. Hope this is gonna save my hair(what is left of it).

I have to be honest about your hair though: Sure, it doesn´t look dramatic, yet, but these people who claim to not see any male pattern baldness are either blind or have no idea what they are talking about it. Even if you ignore the temple recession and call it a "mature hairline" you can easily see the classical male pattern baldness thinning at the crown. I would have spotted you at Uni in a second. Sry, but had to tell you the truth.

Good Luck for the future, mate!

Thinning at the crown? I don't see any thinning at all. He has maintained here since his baseline photos.

His temples are slightly thin under bright light, but imagine where he would be without avodart. It looks like he is maintaining in the temples as well. If you compare his baseline photos to now, there is barely any difference. Infact, I would say his crown looks even thicker than it did last year.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Keyser Söze said:
Aplunk I know you had terrible sides from propecia the first time around how are thing this time ? Are you experiencing any sides. Thanks

Hey brother,
you're right, thank you for remembering. When I was on Propecia, I had awful sexual side effects. And with this round of finasteride, I had some nasty loss of libido and E.D. for a while. I'm going into five months on finasteride, and most of the side effects have subsided. It may be the fact that I've been exercising A LOT and eating a healthy diet, but everything seems to have returned to normal. I'm quite happy about that.

To the others who asked about my dutasteride, I quit because I couldn't afford Avodart anymore.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
H/B said:
Looking good Aplunk. 99% of the population will not scroup your hair like a mental patient like the way Tuag does. After all this is a guy who is housebound becuase of his NW2 :roll:

You are golden brother. It does not even register as baldness to most chicks untill its past NW3

Thanks Harry Balls :p

And Taug, thanks brother. :beer: