Norwood 5a 3659 grafts 11 month result

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Month 11

Hey guys, here's my 11 months result after my hair transplant surgery with Dr. Bruno Ferreira in Portugal.

I'm a bit nerd when it comes to hair transplants, so naturally I've got all finer details of my surgery!

Male - 28 Years Old
male pattern baldness, Norwood

Finasteride - 1mg 6 months prior surgery
Minoxidil - 5% 12 months prior surgery
Microneedling - 1.5mm 12 months prior surgery

Hair Thickness - Thin (50 microns)
Total Donor Area - 285cm2
Donor Density - 84FU/cm2, 2.36hair/FU
Total Recipient Area treated - 75cm2

Extraction Method:
- 90% Motorized Punch (0.8 mm - 0.85 mm)
- 10% Manual Punch (0.8 mm)

Placement Technique:
- Implanter Pen

Total Grafts
- 3659 Singles
- 535 Doubles
- 877 Triples
- 1391 Quadruples
- 756 Quintuples

- 100 Total Hair - 9986
Average hair per graft - 2.73

In short I've seen more improvement right now comparing to month 9. It's funny how so many people are under impression that month 6-7 is their final result and they swear by it. I still keep seeing more and more improvement as I'm documenting it in good consistent conditions
wink.png

Booked my 2nd surgery for 3rd & 4th of June 2021 (damn he got busy!). Hoping to get it sooner through cancellation list haha
Still waiting for more info from Dr. Ferreira on 2nd surgical plan, so as soon as I've got it, will update you guys!

Happy New Year!

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @Rolandas

Checked your original post on the hair restoration forum and Youtube channel. First of all, thank you for the content that you're doing! That's super helpful, and I hope your videos will help someone pull the trigger and change life for the best!

May I ask a couple of questions?

1. On the hair restoration network, you mentioned that you were considering Pekiner in Turkey. How's your overall impression of this guy? Is he legit?
2. Has Dr. Bruno Ferreira upped the prices? From your youtube channel comments, I learned that your operation costed you about 9k euro, which shows that the graft price is about 2.5 euro. Considering the result, this is a fantastic deal.
3. Are you on meds?

I plan to have the operation this year. So, currently, I'm trying to choose a surgeon...

BTW, where are you from? Your accent sounds familiar. Russia?

Last edited:

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @Rolandas

Checked your original post on the hair restoration forum and Youtube channel. First of all, thank you for the content that you're doing! That's super helpful, and I hope your videos will help someone pull the trigger and change life for the best!

May I ask a couple of questions?

1. On the hair restoration network, you mentioned that you were considering Pekiner in Turkey. How's your overall impression of this guy? Is he legit?
2. Has Dr. Bruno Ferreira upped the prices? From your youtube channel comments, I learned that your operation costed you about 9k euro, which shows that the graft price is about 2.5 euro. Considering the result, this is a fantastic deal.
3. Are you on meds?

I plan to have the operation this year. So, currently, I'm trying to choose a surgeon...
Hey Simon,

Appreciate your kind words!

1. I like Dr. Pekiner's work. I like that he is limiting extractions every day and spreads it evenly into 2-3-4 days. He is doing most important parts of surgery himself (extractions and incisions).
He is great at utilizing beard hair, but in the same time I wasn't a fan of using them on my 1st surgery. He proposed around 500 beard grafts along 2500 scalp in my frontal 1/3, which I didn't like this approach.
Overall I think he is really good surgeon. But there are plenty of good ones. You had to find the one that aligns with your goals and vision.

2. Not 100%, but I don't think so. Few people who went to him recently never mentioned it to me. Frankly I think more and more people choosing him because of the price range. If he would increase it any time soon I'd think lots of patients would go elsewhere. Indeed his skill and artistry is on par with top dogs in the industry, but there's not much validation of it online, hence why he is charging much less than he could.

3. I'm on 1mg/day of Finasteride for the last 16 months. Was hoping for mid scalp and crown to recover more, but so far just crown improved slightly. I still wouldn't be able to get away without 2nd surgery.

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
11.5 Months

Sup guys, here's 11.5 month update where I discuss:

- Nice little video from outside. Styled my hair in 10 min (wash, blow dry, product). Close ups under direct sun
- Importance of hair caliber in Hair Transplants
- Close-ups
- Discussing my hair transplant overall, pro's & con's

Last edited:

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man you look great right now, I wouldn't get another transplant and stay conservative. Using concealers might be annoying but if you end up losing more hair you'll still have a good donor for the future.

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow! You really lucked out @Rolandas in finding such a talented surgeon in his fledgling career. Its like buying a Banksy piece before he became famous!
thanks man! Indeed that's what I think. It sounded too good to be true before I booked my 1st surgery, but i had a good gut feeling about it, so i took a leap.