Norwood 2/Norwood 3 - Need help on the front hairline !

MIC

Reaction score
I am between a Norwood 2 and a Norwood 3 living in the United States. I am a 36 years old male with a regimen of Proscar and minoxidil for 4 years. My interest is to stay ahead of the game and have surgery done on my hairline. My concern is I don't want to make a concerning situation a nightmare or worse. I hear horror stories on "shock" and dishonorable practices. I live on the East Coast and more specifically the Philadelphia, NJ, NY area. The following are questions I have:

1)Can my hairline issue be cured with surgery? ( Looking at websites etc... I may need anywhere from 900- 1400 grafts estimated)

2)I need help from the experts on this website! Who is the best Domestically, East Coast, PA-NJ-NY area?

3) What are the potential down falls and how likely?

Ideally I would like as many experienced responders as possible.

ANY BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS SIMILIAR TO MY SITUATION SENT TO MY EMAIL WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thx MIC

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Why not use meds?
If I understand correctly, Xandrox 15 would be extremely beneficial to your hairline.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
I was a n/w 2.5. The devistation was profound.Use the meds then when its over its over.

MIC

Reaction score
Norwood 2 / 2.5

I have been on Proscar and minoxidil 2% for 4 years somewhat consistantly. Looking at this website over the years I thought the conclusion was that meds are helpful in hairloss which is on the "crown area but not providing significant results in filling in the hairline. Especially if your hairline has been in this state over a long period of time, (2 years +). I understand the scalp builds up membrane etc...... which can hinder the efficacy of meds.

I remember when Avadart was just coming out but I have not heard any significant feedback on its eficacy over propecia/proscar etc......

If their are meds which can provide outcomes on my hairline I am all for it. If not I am looking for a surgical alternative.

Aplunk1 - Nice job on the website. Man your hairline looks good already!

I need more feedback !! The clock is ticking!! come on HairLossTalk.com!!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hehe,
thanks for the feedback about my website. Since my new and grandoise regime changes in December, I've experienced so much hairline regrowth... the Avodart is speeding up the entire process, with vellous hairs all over my hairline and temples, still! Everything is filling in and becoming very dark...

I never used to apply minoxidil to the hairline until maybe 2 months ago. It's really working. In conjunction with Tricomin and MSM, everything is working, and I still see a bunch of new vellous hairs turning terminal... Makes me look like a kid. :) That's alright.

It's almos 1.5 mos into Avodart, and I can't wait to see what the future brings... 6 mos down the line? 12 mos... 18? I'm excited that the treatments in my regime are working.

MIC

Reaction score
Aplunk1,

- What part of your regimen is providing the best results.?
- What is MSM
- Where did you get the Avodart and what is the price?
- Do you feel Avodart is more effective then Proscar/Propecia
- What are the potential side effects of Avodart?

- How long have you been addressing your hair loss?
- What did your hairloss look like before you started addressing it?pictures?)

MIC

Reaction score
WHY ARE NONE OF THE EXPERTS AND PEOPLE WHO HAVE RECIEVED A HTP RESPONDING!!

I NEED SOME FEEDBACK.

PLEASE REFER TO MY ORIGINAL EMAIL WHICH STARTED THIS THREAD!!!

APLUNK. THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK AND KEEP IT COMING!

SERIOUSLY, I AM NOT SEEING ANY HAIRLOSS WITH YOUR PICTURES

MIC

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I think that I'm an ideal candidate for hairloss treatments for two reasons:

1) I started hairloss treatment within the first month or two of seeing hairs on my comb.
2) I'm only 20 years old, and to my understanding, treatment works best on a younger crowd. (That's not to say that it doesn't work for everyone else, though)

MIC said:
Aplunk1,

- What part of your regimen is providing the best results.?
- What is MSM
- Where did you get the Avodart and what is the price?
- Do you feel Avodart is more effective then Proscar/Propecia
- What are the potential side effects of Avodart?

- How long have you been addressing your hair loss?
- What did your hairloss look like before you started addressing it?pictures?)

As of right now, Rogaine 5% has yielded the best results. The Avodart treatment has just been started, but I am seeing amazing hairline growth and temple growth. Time will tell, but I have a feeling Avodart will prove better.

MSM - Methyl-sulfonyl-methane
This article pretty much explains it:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article234.htm
Though very few conclusive studies have been performed on MSM and its relation to hairloss, I've taken it because a lot of successful stories of hairloss sufferers have referred me to it. It has grown a crapload of hair all over my body, especially my arms. Vellous hair growth all over my back, and especially my bum. It makes your hair grow faster, skin look better, and it helps your joints like crazy. It's like a wonder pill. I take 2000/mg with a meal.

I got my Avodart prescription from http://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com
It costs $58 for a prescription and $279 for a 90 capsule supply, once the prescription is forwarded to Community Drug Pharmacy.

Do I feel it's more effective than Proscar/Propecia?
I can't answer this for sure yet, but my answer for the time being is, YES!

Avodart's potential side effects:
Everything Propecia has: ED, gyno, libido, headaches, etc. Supposedly twice as much. I have had ABSOLUTELY no side effects, not one bit. And it's so nice to have my dick back since taking finasteride.

I have been addressing my hairloss for 1 year to date. Seriously addressing it since September, with great results so far.

If I could upload a picture here, I would, but I'm not too good at that.
My hair has always been very thick, curly, and wavy. Dark brown, and I always wore it long, sometimes over my eyes. My brothers have always had thin hair, and both my older and my younger brothers are losing their hair. (my older brother is going bald, fast) -- My older brother is going to start treatment because he's a little jealous.

I'll send you a picture if you email me of my hair about 1-2 years ago, if you want.

Let's see here-- The good part:

MY RESULTS
Nothing short of great. A lot of regrowth in a very short time. I was getting worried because my scalp was becoming very visible in September and October. Hairline has now come down increadibly, and thickening up. The pigment of my hair is becoming much darker.

MY EXPECTATIONS
To maintain my hair for as long as possible, then say f*** YOU to all my treatments and get hair multiplication or hair cloning. Then I won't have to worry about topicals and internals.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS
Stick to your treatment; ride out the sheds; take your pictures; and get drunk.

MIC

Reaction score
Hello,

Anybody out there?? Please respond to the below. I really want to make a decision here?? Where are the experts who have recieved favorable/unfavorable outcomes on surgical alternatives? If this is not the medium to ask this question, please advise where.

Please refer to the below questions.

Personal thx to Aplunk1 and good luck. It looks like you are doing the right thing.

I am between a Norwood 2 and a Norwood 3 living in the United States. I am a 36 years old male with a regimen of Proscar and minoxidil for 4 years. My interest is to stay ahead of the game and have surgery done on my hairline. My concern is I don't want to make a concerning situation a nightmare or worse. I hear horror stories on "shock" and dishonorable practices. I live on the East Coast and more specifically the Philadelphia, NJ, NY area. The following are questions I have:

1)Can my hairline issue be cured with surgery? ( Looking at websites etc... I may need anywhere from 900- 1400 grafts estimated)

2)I need help from the experts on this website! Who is the best Domestically, East Coast, PA-NJ-NY area?

3) What are the potential down falls and how likely?

Ideally I would like as many experienced responders as possible.

ANY BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS SIMILIAR TO MY SITUATION SENT TO MY EMAIL WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thx MIC

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
You are merely odsessed with your hair. A hairtransplant may destroy you. Okay.

MIC

Reaction score
Mahair,

You are merely odsessed with your hair. A hairtransplant may destroy you. Okay.

Thx Mahair for your constructive feedback?????

Anyone out their with a brain and experience?

Thx

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Mic, your on your own buddy.Have fun. N/W 2-3 should not be getting hair transplants. They are in panic mode. Good luck though Elvis.

MIC

Reaction score
Mahair,

I appreciate your feedback and especially after what I understand that you got a raw deal. I have to feel there are ways to stop me from going from a Norwood 2-3 to worse. I have done some research and it looks like guys have been in much better shape then me on the hairline and have gotten their hairline filled in.

I just got promoted and had my picture was put on the web. My hairline looks bad. My hair has always been my weakness since I can remember but I would look even worse with it shaved etc.......

Yes, this sounds obsessed. But more importantly I want the best for myself. I don't want to make a situation which is a problem a nite-mare.

I recognize your feedback. You have to admit it is a little blunt which leads to non-consultative interpretation.

Yes, I know you do not have to be.

I wish you the best.

MIC

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats abest case senario. They will be chasing hairloss for the rest of their lives. The rest have had major shockloss and lost their livelyhood. Thats why they are not posting their results.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
Mahair said:
Thats abest case senario. They will be chasing hairloss for the rest of their lives. The rest have had major shockloss and lost their livelyhood. Thats why they are not posting their results.

well why are you still posting? We all know you had a Fcked up hair transplant so now you want to bring down the wrath of Mahair and scare everyone.

dude we dont care..

beat it.

G

You know it's really a shame that certain radical individuals have to come on these forums and virtually convey cynicism to those who truly are just seeking some truthful and useful information. Their comments are offensively intended, self-centered, with a self seeking agenda to try and ruin any others hope and dreams. And it's so obvious that these radicals are angry and have no life, have offended and alienated everyone around them. They are bent on trying to ruin the lives of others because their lives were ruined.

And then THEY DARE CALL THEMSELVES AN ADVOCACY for consumers! What a hypocrite! You should BE ASHAMED of yourself in the way you have interacted and then your name calling. You have absolutely no concept of what "patient care" is and absolutely no regard for the well-being of others, ESPECIALLY their feelings. That's all you have proven. People have value and they are "patients" FIRST, and then "consumers" second. You obviously have no regard whatsoever for your fellow human beings.

The real OBVIOUS thing to ALL of us is that you have no respect for yourself nor anyone else!