Norwood 2, is it balding?

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
If you look at the pic of a NW2 it has pretty deep temple recesion. Is a NW2 considered balding or what? Also if you develop a mature hairline can it happen slow for a few years then all of a sudden speed up?

Balth06

Reaction score
Yes, you will probably be norwood 7 in a year or two

:roll: :firing: :firing: :firing: :firing: :firing: :freak:

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
Also how come some guys have the perfect V shape hairline that comes to a tip but gradually recedes up as the hairline spreads out?

Can someone with a widows peak develop a "V" hairline instead of a "U" that they already have? I guess im saying if you have always have a "U" shape hairline where it recedes a little sharper in the corners can you develop a "V" hairline where it gradually recedes and comes to a point at the bottom?

Im just confused on if a mature hairline can turn your hair from a "U" shape to the "V" shape?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I suppose it all depends what type of hairline you had before balding kicked in. Maybe if you naturally had a widows peak hairline, and then your hairline started to mature, it would appear more receded than someone who once had a straight hairline and began to mature. Make sense? I doubt you can be born with a mature hairline.... or can you? So a nw2 would look different depeding on your origional hairline id imagin

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
my mom said right after I was born her sister said "I had that widows peak that runs on her side of the family" so apparntly I have always had some recession in the corners.

I know I have receded since like 16 when I first ever checked, but I realy paid no attention to my hairline before that. Im just going of what my mom said and she claims ive had a widows peak my whole life.

So now im noticing the widows peak receding a little in the corners, and latey it seems its been going a little faster. Looking at the norwood charts im on the low side of a 2.

What about dean martin? His hair recedes quite a bit yet hes not bald?

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
I suppose it all depends what type of hairline you had before balding kicked in. Maybe if you naturally had a widows peak hairline, and then your hairline started to mature, it would appear more receded than someone who once had a straight hairline and began to mature. Make sense? I doubt you can be born with a mature hairline.... or can you? So a nw2 would look different depeding on your origional hairline id imagin

I deffo beleive some people have a NW2 hairline even as a child. i found a pic of when was about 10 in the summer with a shaved head and i had a more NW2 hairline than striaght. that has nothing to do with hairloss just the way my hair in my family is. infact its from my mums side, i can look at my mum and my sisters hair and they have the hairline i had when i was a kid, high forhead, high temples straight sidewalls from ear up to temples. i have two brothers one who has my dads thick black hair, my other brother has same hair as me from my mums side. and he is 18 and a NW2 but i must stress with no hair loss. its always been like that. i only started loosing my hair at 27 and i would guess he will only start around the same age should he be unlucky enough...

i have freinds who hair straight hairlines and went to NW2 in their early 20's, all in their 30's now and most of them still are NW2 i only have two mates who are worse than that...

so the comment that if you are NW2 and you will be NW7 in a year or two is ubsurd... It isnt going to happen, you could be NW2 till your 40's !!! at the very worse in a year on you wiull be a NW2.5

IBM

Reaction score
there's no such thing as mature hairline. swallow a propecia pill everyday and be happy.

s.a.f

Reaction score
:shakehead:
I've never had a lower than nw2 hairline .

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
in my opinion a Norwood 2 is nothing to be worried about.