Norwood 2? 2.5?

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your thinning, like you said, is limited to your leading edge. Given your family history and lack of thinning further into the scalp I think your safe I.e. hairline is maturing. If your hairline previously settled then started thinning again I’d begin to worry but from what I can see your temples have gone back and your forelock is just ‘catching up’.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way for future reference, there is no use looking at those from your family history whose pattern you don’t follow i.e. your maternal grandfather. Only look at people with a similar hairline to you or worst to see what your possible end point may be

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the previous poster. I have seen people with your hair pattern go forward without ever losing any more, at least until old age. If you want to be super safe then start low-dose finasteride. I mean I would because nothing is guaranteed and now, that inflammation is getting more looking into, we might actually be able to accelerate hair loss if we don't deal properly with say, dermatitis. The one side does look worse to me than the other and that is very common. I still have that aspect a bit so that gives me pause. I would not leave things to mother nature.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing about using family history to assess baldness is that there is a very strong Bayesian aspect to the analysis and essentially, family history is only predictive until a person notices visible hair loss or thinning. At that point, the coefficients change and the equation is given that I am balding but have good family history, what are my chances? Before the analysis was more akin to saying 95 percent of the men in my family have full heads of hair so I only have a five percent chance of going bald. That's why I tend to laugh when people mention family history. I had the best family history at least in terms of parents and my father still has never lost a single hair at 83.

JR34

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the previous poster. I have seen people with your hair pattern go forward without ever losing any more, at least until old age. If you want to be super safe then start low-dose finasteride. I mean I would because nothing is guaranteed and now, that inflammation is getting more looking into, we might actually be able to accelerate hair loss if we don't deal properly with say, dermatitis. The one side does look worse to me than the other and that is very common. I still have that aspect a bit so that gives me pause. I would not leave things to mother nature.
Thanks for letting me know. If you were referring to the right temple as being bigger I think that was just the angle I took that one picture from. They're both basically symmetrical if I look at them side-by-side, as shown when comparing pictures 2 and 4.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just took (and attached) a picture that's about a month out from the foggy bathroom picture in the exact same place and almost exact same head placement, and it looks basically the same as far as I can tell, with, possibly, only the frontal thinning being a bit more evident. It's a bit of a relief that the recession is not going any faster because of my stress over it this past month, at least.

Any more confirmations or dissents?
From how you are facing, the left temple to me seems to be beyond the normal maturing temples hairline but, I mean, who knows if they always keep receding. I would still consider min, finasteride and keto if you aren't using those already.