Norwood 0? And Month 11 Update

G

Why do people here use the term Norwood 0 and NorWood 0.5? I thought no hairloss is NW1. You dumbasses. :lol:

Anyways, here's an update on my situation. Well here's my backround first. I am 19 years old diffuse thinner, most was in the frontal region and i had thinning/receded temples. Regimen has been:
- Finasteride since Jan. 20 2004
-minoxidil 5% 1x a day on the temples only. Started Feb. 2004
-Use T-gel 2x a week.

I am maintaining completely and i have grown back significant amout of hair. My situation was never noticable except to me. My hair has regained its density and I can style it how ever i want to. My temples have improved greatly. I'm loving it. I don't even think about my hairloss anymore. It's great. Any questions?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how long did it take you to "stop worrying about your hairloss" as you said, i'm really really looking forward to this day, even if its just one day. I think I am getting there, i have seen very good results in only four months.

Deaner

Reaction score
Uh, no, "dumbass", Norwood 1 is clearly temple recession. Norwood 0 would be a spot NOT on the Norwood scale, and Norwood 0.5 would be a spot in between no recession and Norwood 1. Being off the Norwood scale in the first place is no male pattern baldness, dumbass.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Deaner said:
Uh, no, "dumbass", Norwood 1 is clearly temple recession. Norwood 0 would be a spot NOT on the Norwood scale, and Norwood 0.5 would be a spot in between no recession and Norwood 1. Being off the Norwood scale in the first place is no male pattern baldness, dumbass.

In that case 95% of all men at the age of 30 have male pattern baldness, dumbass.

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
- Finasteride since Jan. 20 2004
-minoxidil 5% 1x a day on the temples only. Started Feb. 2004

I'm curious... do you think the Min was beneficial itself at only 1x a day or do you think the finasteride did most of the work?

hairface

Reaction score
Where did you get that Proscar? :p

Axon

Reaction score
He's right, there's no "official" NW0, but the gaps between 2, 3, 4, et cetera are simply too large to really categorize everyone.

Deaner

Reaction score
Bismarck, how did you figure "In that case 95% of all men at the age of 30 have male pattern baldness, dumbass. " from what I said? I never said that, and what I said doesn't necessarily mean I meant that either. Goodbye.

Edit: For instance NW1 IS hairloss, even if not male pattern baldness. NW0, (off the chart) is none. NW0.5 is somewhere in between. Hairloss isn't equal to male pattern baldness all the time. Thanks for your time.

G

Norwood 0, would have to be like an 8 year old kids hairline. All rounded and basically wouldn't look right on a man. Norwood 1 is, i believe, what most of the guys here want.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Badasshairday,

How goes it man, long time no see!

When did you see the biggest improvement. Almost at the one year mark, cool sh*t main!

Tony

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Norwood 0, would have to be like an 8 year old kids hairline. All rounded and basically wouldn't look right on a man. Norwood 1 is, i believe, what most of the guys here want.

I wouldnt mind a NW0 hairline of a 8 yo :p