Northern European Ethnicity Related To Hair

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve noticed this “phenomena” although I can’t seem to find much evidence online so it’s up for thought.

I have noticed that men with Scandavian or Northern European descent usually have larger foreheads than most people and also usually have that thin straight hair quality. You can just google “Scandavian men” you can see it’s usually men with larger foreheads with thin/ finer hair. I also am from Scandavian descent and have fine mostly straight hair and a naturally big forehead. Do you think these traits put us at a disadvantage in terms of balding over other ethnic groups? Also when I went to Denmark (North Europe) I noticed a high amount of male pattern baldness especially in younger men.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i noticed a lot of blond boys tend to go bald early, infact only 1 of my friends who had that light blond hair still has it, the rest are all bald or it has turned gray, thin and wispy at 31.

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i noticed a lot of blond boys tend to go bald early, infact only 1 of my friends who had that light blond hair still has it, the rest are all bald or it has turned gray, thin and wispy at 31.
Exactly I don’t know what it is. I hope I don’t fall down the same path.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that in Northern Europe being bald might have been an advantage in the past thanks to better absorption of sun rays and the production of vitamin D.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think lighter-colored hair tends to be thinner while darker-colored hair tends to be thicker. That would explain why I've never seen a bald Native American. As far as I can tell, hispanics and Asians go bald usually a lot later and less severely. They all have naturally thick black hair. Also, Caucasians, regardless of region, seem to go bald earlier and faster than any other ethnic group. Combine European heritage and light-colored hair, and you get the fastest combination of balding.

Honestly though, blond hair is overrated, especially on men. I think darker hair colors look a lot better on men, generally speaking.