Normal To Have Chest Pains Starting Out On finasteride?

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I am about 5 days or so into finasteride (.5mg ED). As of yesterday I have developed weird chest pains. Nothing too major but definitely pretty annoying. Hurts when I take a deep breath, I am 23 and other than the chest pains things have seemed good. Anyone had the same problem?? If so what did you do? I want to just power through and if the pain keeps up I guess stop?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
opposite side of my heart! just dull chest pain
Are you on minoxidil as well? I’m having the same feeling of a dull chest pain on minoxidil. I’ve looked into taking finasteride, I don’t think heart problems were listed as potential side effects but I could be wrong.

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No just solely on FInasteride. and not my heart that is hurting more or so my ribs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No just solely on FInasteride. and not my heart that is hurting more or so my ribs
If you google propecia side effects, breast pain/tenderness is listed as one of them. Should see your doctor who prescribed it if you’re concerned

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are sure it isn't gyno or breast development?...I got bad chest pains on finasteride either heart beating harder. It was odd..like a continued adrenaline surge or something and I could not sleep when taking it....but my body is difficult and seems to react differently to a lot of things...

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are sure it isn't gyno or breast development?...I got bad chest pains on finasteride either heart beating harder. It was odd..like a continued adrenaline surge or something and I could not sleep when taking it....but my body is difficult and seems to react differently to a lot of things...

I don't think i would develop that within 5 days but who knows. Hopefully it passes and yeah I kinda felt the same trying to sleep lastnight. Hopefully I am all good! any one else experience this?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fyi doctor just told me to stop taking the drug and that it did not agree with my body. Same with minoxidil. They could care less about a cosmetic issue