Normal "shedding" - 10-20 Hairs A Day, Is This Normal?

equel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I never paid attention to my hair loss back in the day - before I actually started losing it.

One day I woke up and hair was just falling off, about 100-200 hairs a day minimum, probably more.

Ive been on finasteride for about 1 month now, little more maybe 2 weeks but I also took a couple days off.

Lately, my "hair loss" have gone from 100-150 hairs a day, to like .. 10, maybe 20, that is, If I brush my hair a lot infront of the mirror and pic up all the lost hairs, Its about 10 or 20, some days 5 other days maybe 25 at most.

Question, is this just "normal" hair loss that anyone would get? Losing 10-20 hairs a day, without even having male pattern baldness? It seems like finasteride is the reason for this.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
The normal person loses 100-150 hairs a day. You're definitely losing more than 10-20 hairs a day no matter what (e.g., hair falling out when you walk down a hall, etc).

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The normal person loses 100-150 hairs a day. You're definitely losing more than 10-20 hairs a day no matter what (e.g., hair falling out when you walk down a hall, etc).
ive been thinking about this lately everyone says losing 100 hair per day is normal so why the f*** before my hairloss(when i was 17 ) i didnt notice any hair on my shoulder or when brushing my hair??

Hairlineforever

My Regimen
Reaction score
ive been thinking about this lately everyone says losing 100 hair per day is normal so why the f*** before my hairloss(when i was 17 ) i didnt notice any hair on my shoulder or when brushing my hair??
exactly im with you on this i dont think at aaaaall that sheding 100 haira a day ia normal maybe 10 aaaat moooost 20 but above that i believe that after some time you gonna wake up with pretty sparse dense hair

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is very possible that people drop a lot of hair, it's just that in our cases, some of those hairs don't grow back.

Also, you didn't notice before because you didn't look for them with a microscope.

Look at people who don't bald, preferably someone with long hair, most commonly women, they will have hair on their jacket, their working desk etc.