Noooo! United Pharmacy.com order seized

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Mark me down for one of the unlucky ones I guess—I just got a letter stating that my Proscar order from United Pharmacy was seized by U.S. Customs (my order 4-5 months ago arrived without a hitch). Does anyone know if I can contest this? I seen on United Pharmacy's site that I have the option of either receiving a credit back on my purchase or they can send a replacement order. Is there any reason to believe that a replacement shipment would be any more successful?

Some additional questions....

Does anyone have any other oversea sources of Proscar/Propecia that doesn’t require a prescription? Alternatively, could one get a legit prescription by an “onlineâ€￾ doctor, say, Dr. Lee or similar? It seems that a person could do this, just fill out a questionnaire and maybe provide some photos etc.

Thanks for any input : )

Petchsky

Reaction score
I work in an industry where I deal with US Customs daily. They're just like the IRS, if they want to screw you, there's nothing you can do about it.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Should I take it then that any business I place an order with has just as good of a chance at getting seized? Consequently, should just order from United Pharmacy again? Thanks for the link, HelloHello.

bluntman

Reaction score
Hey that sucks, I think my order was seized as well. Its been like 3 weeks or so, last time i got my order i about 10 days. Im going to keep ordering from united pharmacies, but as someone else mentioned placing 2 small orders from 2 different companies i think is the way to go.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
I emailed United Phamacy and opted for the replacement shipment; they already responded and said they'll ship it right out. I really like United's service. I just hope that I actually receive my shipment this time. I'll post a followup in a week or so.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give an update. My replacement shipment from United Pharmacies was determined to be fake (I won’t be ordering from them again). I took HelloHello’s advice and ordered from http://www.propecia-discount.com/, which just came today. All in all, it probably took two and half weeks to arrive. Yes, a little longer than what I would've liked, but nonetheless, they are very professional—I emailed them asking why it was taking so long and they replied within 24hrs stating when they shipped my order etc. and that they guarantee delivery. Note, when you receive your order, you must sign for it; I never had to for United Pharmacies. In addition, there is no box or instructions at all, only the blister packets which arrive in an envelope. The pills, however, appear legit; the Proscar lettering is sharp and clearly legible, quite different from my fake Proscar (see thread). BTW, the pills were shipped from Brazil.

Hope this helps those that are trying to find reliable sellers of Propecia/Proscar.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
87david said:
I just wanted to give an update. My replacement shipment from United Pharmacies was determined to be fake ...
quote]

just curious - how did you figure out they were fake?

(I have an order of fincar on the way from them)

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
HairTomorrow, see this link http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=26419

And I didn't mean to imply that any order from United Pharmacies is fake; my first Proscar order from them was legit, no problems at all. But just to receive a replacement shipment of fake Proscar when my initial order was seized by Customs, I rather order from somewhere else. In addition, I believe that you only have to worry about "Proscar," or more specifically, any Proscar shipped from Hong Kong. In sum, I wouldn't worry about your Fincar order. I'm sure it'll be ok.

curley

Reaction score
87 David,

I would surely tell united. They are a company that has agreements with pharmacies in countries with laws that allow no scripts. Chances are they have no idea and would happily replace your order!

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you're probably right, Curley, but I just have my doubts that they would give me another replacement shipment. They state the following on their site:

If for any reason, your order does not arrive, a credit will be applied to your credit card equal to the amount of your purchase, or a replacement shipment will be sent to you, if that is what you request.

Thus, I take the above as meaning that since I opted for the replacement shipment already, which I received, I am not entitled to additional replacement shipments. For instance, if my order was seized a second time, I would just be out of luck; consequently, they don't actually guarantee delivery. But I might be wrong though; it's worth a try to email them.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep they're really good at that site aren't they.

I have faith in them they must have contacts somewhere cause I thought mine was confiscated, I emailed them, they told me it would arrive in 2 days (after being a month) and there it was.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This thread has piqued my curiosity.

Why does Dutasteride get seized? Is it because it's a generic, or because you need a prescription or what?

It has also got me specultaing about how Unitedpharmacies run their show, as I've gotten dutasteride From Tuvalu, and Argentina, before, which both strike me as kind of convoluted methods of sending stuff which surely originates from India (Cipla).

Perhaps the name tells all - they have contacts with pharmacies around the world who are willing to relax the 'official' requirement for a prescription for certain drugs. This is certainly the way you can get other, slightly more illicit drugs over the internet.

curley

Reaction score
87david said:
Thus, I take the above as meaning that since I opted for the replacement shipment already, which I received, I am not entitled to additional replacement shipments. For instance, if my order was seized a second time, I would just be out of luck; consequently, they don't actually guarantee delivery. But I might be wrong though; it's worth a try to email them.

87david, I just got a "Hong Kong Special" proscar delivery from United myself. I'm willing to bet anything it's also fake. This was the first (prob last) order from me.

Did United refund your purchase price after getting fake Proscar? I am going to have to email them and I'd kinda like to know what to expect.

Thanks!

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, Curley. Sorry to hear about that you too got the fake Proscar. This just reaffirms my conviction not to order from them again. I never did, however, try to contact them about getting a second replacement order, so I can't help you there. I just accepted that I lost my money. Still, United was very curteous in their response about my confiscated order and getting my replacement order shipped right out. Please keep us updated if you decide to inform them about the fake Proscar; I wonder what they would say too.

beaner

Reaction score
Guess I got lucky. I ordered finpecia from them 9 days ago and got it today. Looks the same as the last batch I got from another website.....cipla blister packs and was post marked from India.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I'm still sweating out my last order - only been 1 week - those bastards.

icon smith

Reaction score
In my opinion, United Pharmacies are certainly not "clowns". In the 2+ years that I have been placing orders with them they have always been very helpful and courteous, responding to my enquiries withing hours.

After the recent reports of seized shipments, I emailed them and they responded within the hour stating that that while it does occur, it is rare and they would do whatever was required to insure my satisfaction if I was one of the unfortunate ones that had their order confiscated.

Granted I have only ordered Finpecia from them, not Proscar, or Fincar, but I have never had a problem receiving the genuine product in a timely (less than 2 weeks) manner.

As far as the fake product, I would certainly let United know and I am confident that they will do the right thing by you. Since they are located in I believe New Zealand and the orders are drop shipped from another country they may not be aware that they too are victims. No one in a reputable business wants a stigma like that associated with them and I sincerely believe United to be a reputable business.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seconded. The first time I ordered from them, the shipment got lost. They were super-helpful, keeping in touch the whole time, and sent out a new order. Subsequent shipments from them have been prompt and accurate.