Nobody here cares about side effects

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
You say this as if these side effects are guaranteed or inevitable. They aren't. It is unfortunate if anyone experiences side effects from a drug, but I don't understand the fear mongering or dissuading you see some people engaging in with finasteride. If you personally got side effects and discontinued use or don't want to risk it, then that's your choice. No need to try and push that attitude onto others who want to try what might be their best bet at fighting hair loss. It's one thing to share your personal experiences and another to just throw out these risks as if they are definite and universal.

don't even attempt to reason. Have you read this guy's batshit thread in the 'Alternative treatments' forum?

it had me in stiches

Jrthomas85

Reaction score
don't even attempt to reason. Have you read this guy's batshit thread in the 'Alternative treatments' forum?

it had me in stiches

Naa, I was going to waste my time reading more of his bull****, but I just kind of went on living my life instead. To me, people like that are the worst thing about this forum. Many people here are just trying to share knowledge and experience with treating hair loss. That is a good thing. Then there are ballbags like this guy who just want to scare everyone. It was because of people like him that I almost didn't start taking finasteride, which has allowed me to stop my hair loss for a year now, with no side effects.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What irks me about the "don't use finasteride, think of the side effects" brigade is that male pattern baldness is absolutely terrifying, whether the chances of ED are lower than 1% or higher than 10%, I chose to take that risk because losing my hair is not an option. No ****ing way. 17 months here and I feel the same as I did beforehand, although better in mind knowing I'm doing what I can to stop hairloss.

Also, knowing I have potential fall backs in minoxidil and dutasteride, preferably the former, makes me feel a lot better.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
it's strange that so many instantly dismiss finasteride, a drug that has been trialled and certified safe and effective for the vast majority of users, because they won't accept the small risk of sexual sides.

Considering the devastating depression, shattered self-esteem and anxiety that male pattern baldness can bring - these are all the number one causes of erectile and libido disfunctions (as well as being overweight).

I'm often skeptical of people who pop a few Propecia pills and say things like 'I think I had slightly softer erections' or 'I don't think my libido is as good as it was last week'. Smacks of nocebo effect IMO.

But ultimately, weigh up the choices: would you rather have 80% of your 'normal' libido and 90% of your hair, or 100% of your libido and 30% of your hair?