No Wonder I Had So Much Trouble W Ghostbond (it Was Fake)

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I simply couldn't understand how this stuff - I bought both the XL & Platinum from the same Amazon distributor - was so impossibly messy, ineffective & difficult to clean.

It provided minimal bond and would take amazing effort to remove from the poly portion of my system - I'm talking 1 thin layer, 1.5 hrs.

I just couldn't understand how anyone could find using white glue acceptable.

I didn't consider the potential for their being fake Ghostbond till my going to the company's website a few week's ago.

Still, I didn't think mine was fake as I'd seen StickOnHair's botched attempts to use it, and thought maybe I hadn't let it cure properly.

Today I went to a beauty supply to get some tape and noticed they had every form of Ghostbond. Upon seeing the bottles, I immediately determined the ones I had in my house were counterfeit, the quality of their labeling far inferior to those of the ones in the store.

Here's the link to the faux: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OD7Z5I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In a previous post I said to send me pics of it, that's what I was saying, alot of fakes out there, what was the Amazon sellers name?

Noah

Reaction score
Wow, really? It would never have occurred to me either than anyone would fake this stuff. But of course it makes sense - easy to mimic (if you don’t care whether it actually sticks), a decent price, even discounted, and the victim is unlikely to make a fuss because of the sensitive nature of the product. You’re lucky to escape with just a financial loss and a loose system - there have been a ton of serious health scandals in China resulting from fake products (I am betting the fakery stems from China or somewhere adjacent).

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, I was just stunned, after trying the fake product a few times, that anyone could find using this Standard in White Glue to be at all acceptable.

To say this junk was difficult to remove from my system would be an understatement. I was really wondering how people dealt w/ it...

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought from that exact seller, I verified with pro hair labs that mine where real. The seller must not be checking them

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm - you're saying the vendor sent you good product?
Yes, they sell alot but get fake batches that they ate not checking, if you you tube it you will see a video on how to tell. I have a contact at pro hair labs who makes it. I have him check the codes on each bottle for me. Did the genuine ghost bond work for you?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's very easy to determine an authentic bottle from a counterfeit when you juxtapose them in real life, but whatever Pro Labs shows in their video on the topic is a joke: the two bottles look the same

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw the video a few weeks ago & couldn't draw any conclusion from it.

Ah, the code. My fake bottle has one, but my authentic one doesn't.

I haven't tried it yet.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So how can I ensure that any hair system tapes or adhesives I buy online are definitely the real products and not fake? What are some of the official supplier websites? I like in the UK btw and use Walker Tape ultra hold tape and Walker Tape safe grip extended wear adhesive. Is it best tp order these from the official Walker Tape website in America and get them shipped over here?

I don't trust any hair or beauty products on Ebay or Amazon either as there are far too many fakes. It's always best to buy from official websites, and this is especially important for any hair system products!!

Is hairdirect.com genuine? I see they're based in the USA, so will I get charged import duty if they ship to me?

Last edited:

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've bought from holistique in then UK as well.

I've only bought walker mini tape and ghost labs leave in conditioner from them though.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's scary stuff. If you hadn't worked out that it was fake, the long term effects on your health could have been bad.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They now have a transparency code on them. I talked with pro hair labs and was told if it has the code that you can scan with your phone app then its genuine