No, There Is No "service Light" On Your Hair System...

Fanjeera

Reaction score
This is honestly less an issue if the consumer and more the industry.

Too many people are discouraged from DIY because of a fear of losing revenue for the salons. Too little information about what products are being used (I think this can be an issue for the consumer to even work out what works for them).

My argument here is that nothing would stop somebody wearing quicker than an emergency they can't rectify themselves.

I ended up having some customer service issues with my first salon ands moved away from them, but they included training as part of the initial fitting and they usually make good notes so you can find what works for you.
I might have got the shittiest and most expensive systems from my salon, but at least they were so horrible that they didn't even try keeping me going there and told me to start doing all on my own right away :D.

4 months -- sounds impossible :O! How come did it even stick?

I end up with exactly what BaldBeared at the end of my 4 week attachment: the glue is inside my bio hair and the system on the sides seems to be somewhat stuck on it. But definitely not only on my bio hair! It's sometimes still quite strong in the middle as well and I have to use a lot 99% isopropyl alcohol and wait to detach it.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is honestly less an issue if the consumer and more the industry.

Too many people are discouraged from DIY because of a fear of losing revenue for the salons. Too little information about what products are being used (I think this can be an issue for the consumer to even work out what works for them).

My argument here is that nothing would stop somebody wearing quicker than an emergency they can't rectify themselves.

I ended up having some customer service issues with my first salon ands moved away from them, but they included training as part of the initial fitting and they usually make good notes so you can find what works for you.

I alwys say an educated consumer makes the best customer. In he are of the internet no one needs to be ignorant of what is out there, you need to do the research.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Do you think solvents are also bad for the hair system? I can get away with quite little scrubbing of the base, but I have to do a prolonged up to 48h soak followed by another 3h--24h one. I remember reading from Northwestlace forum that someone microscoped the hair after Autoglym soak and found no change. Aren't solvents designed so they don't atleast hurt the hair?

Thank you!

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not going to disagree with you, but many people would benefit from having some guidance at first. In person.

I insist on exactly what products my salon uses for me. Others have lied to me or refused to provide details.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think solvents are also bad for the hair system? I can get away with quite little scrubbing of the base, but I have to do a prolonged up to 48h soak followed by another 3h--24h one. I remember reading from Northwestlace forum that someone microscoped the hair after Autoglym soak and found no change. Aren't solvents designed so they don't atleast hurt the hair?

Thank you!

I have done 24-hour soaks in C-22, and the US equivalent, Goo Gone, with no adverse effects.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not going to disagree with you, but many people would benefit from having some guidance at first. In person.

I insist on exactly what products my salon uses for me. Others have lied to me or refused to provide details.

That is why you, the consumer need to be educated, and have the right to go somewhere else. I am not excusing the bad actors, it's why I got into the business. But you can't change them. You can only make them irrelevant!

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I agree.

I remember my old salon... Seeing someone walk out and while he was blonde, his system was oddly airy and just totally the wrong colour. Nothing matched and he was walking around like that.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Knowledge is definitely power. The ideal situation is being self sufficient. However, even with countless research, one may feel intimidated by doing the initial cut-in/ install. When I got my first salon unit (i was doing diy partial units, just to see if I’d be ok with the tape), I asked my stylist all kinds of questions, because I wanted to see if she’d answer honestly. She did! I was shocked when she admitted to using dawn on my scalp lol. She also said it wasn’t uncommon for new clients to come in several times, learn how to clean the scalp/unit and bonding, and then not come back until next the cut in. As for scaring clients into coming back, hair club for men is notorious for that. A damn shame.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Dawn is dish soap isn't it?

That stuff really doesn't belong on your scalp. I had major issues at one point with scalp health and I largely blame that.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I agree.

I remember my old salon... Seeing someone walk out and while he was blonde, his system was oddly airy and just totally the wrong colour. Nothing matched and he was walking around like that.

Part of it is the salon, part of it is the customer. The Salon can convince a customer they look great, even if they don't. Sometimes it's a case of where the salon agrees to do what the customer wants, even if it's wrong. I don't believe that. There are things I refuse to do, and will try to persuade the client to do the thing that is really best for them.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Dawn is dish soap isn't it?

That stuff really doesn't belong on your scalp. I had major issues at one point with scalp health and I largely blame that.
surprisingly, I can tolerate Dawn extremely well. Ironically, it’s the “natural” shampoos from Whole Foods that used to give me scalp issues.