No sides from DUTASTERIDE!

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
I today started taking dutasteride at the full 0.5 dose level, not sure if that's the highest they give you or standard or whatever, but I'm getting absolutely NO side effects, and if anything it's making me feel good, in a weird way, like I feel a tad bit more peppy and what not who knows. But absolutely NO SIDES!

WHereas with propecia/finasteride I had a "brain fog" cloudiness, confusion, aggression, and all sorts of noticeable sides.

But yet dutasteride is supposed to be the stronger drug right? So why isn't this drug giving me any sides and is being well tolerated by my body?

WEIRD! How long do I have to take dutasteride to start noticing results?

can I take finasteride once in a while , WHILE im on dutasteride?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
In reverse order:

There's no point taking finasteride when using .5 mg dutasteride/day.

Time frame for results depends on the individual, but don't expect miracles overnight. In fact your first sign of the drug working may be a shed....

Give it a few weeks (or even months) before buying your 'no side effects from Dutasteride' T-Shirt. Got to let the drug build up in your system first.

Slarti

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Not sure I've ever been peppy. I did know a girl called Poppy....

No side effects for me either, and I've been popping these bad boys since 2003.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You started it today!?

I think you could take 20mg and not get sides in a day.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
sloooow down there partner...

It took months before the my lowered libido kicked in. Sadly, I've been off dutasteride since February and it's still not back to normal.

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
well, the real question here is if dutasteride will work just as well as finasteride, or better.

My doctor actually told me that i can take both at the same time. Not on the same DAY, but...one one day, and one another.

How valid is this?

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
Nickie said:
well, the real question here is if dutasteride will work just as well as finasteride, or better. [...]

Absolutely. We all know that dutasteride is better than finasteride when it comes to inhibiting DHT, but does it actually matter - i.e. does that provide more protection to your hair?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nickie said:
My doctor actually told me that i can take both at the same time. Not on the same DAY, but...one one day, and one another.

Tell your doctor that dutasteride builds-up in your system over time, so there is ALWAYS dutasteride in your bloodstream, regardless of whether or not you take any on any given day. Therefore, it shouldn't matter if you take the drugs on separate days.

Hecfield

Reaction score
Flavio said:
Nickie said:
well, the real question here is if dutasteride will work just as well as finasteride, or better. [...]

Absolutely. We all know that dutasteride is better than finasteride when it comes to inhibiting DHT, but does it actually matter - i.e. does that provide more protection to your hair?

Ermm...what?

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
so what are you guys saying, that I can't use both dutasteride and finasteride at the same time, or that I can?

My doctors say that I can, but I'm not so sure.

Your thoughts?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Re: Taking dutasteride one day and finasteride the next. You can do this (from a safety aspect), but why would you? The difference (hair count-wise) between 1 mg finasteride/day & .5 mg dutasteride/day isn't exactly mammoth to begin with. Why diminish Avodart's potential boost to your barnet by going for a lower dose?

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
not trying to hijack the thread, but i was also considering taking dutasteride. I've been on finasteride for 2 years and it has held up pretty well but it seems like in the past 4 months my hair has been getting thinner gradually. If finasteride worked for me, is it guaranteed...or at least highly likely that dutasteride will work also? Would it be a better idea to ditch the finasteride and start on dutasteride or should i stick with the finasteride for a little longer? I'm just afraid that if i quit finasteride and start dutasteride that the dutasteride may not work at all.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Avodart outperformed Finasteride in the clinical trials. That may not guarantee us (as individuals) gains compared to finasteride, but it's a fair indication that Avo. should be superior.

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
I just have to do a little update. So far, I'm not getting ANY side effects whatsoever, or at least very little that they're hardly noticeable from dutasteride/avodart, and I've been taking it pretty regularly now at the 0.5 dose.

Amazing. Yet proscar/finasteride gave me brain fog and unbelievable sides and agitation, etc.

Why am I getting no sides from dutasteride, yet I did on finasteride, when dutasteride is supposed to be even stronger?!?!

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you got no sides from the dutasteride because finasteride had already done the dirty work with sides along the way....kicking the sh.... out of the DHT, and now your body has already adjusted as you just slide into the dutasteride, (or is your dutasteride the real thing, or is it from pooy long poo in east Chernobyl?)

There has to be some other effects from inhibiting both Type I and Type II 5ar over just inhibiting type II 5ar.

Maybe the body hair and skin is effected more? Any other diffence between finasteride and dutasteride besides the obvious, "Avodart outperformed Finasteride in the clinical trials".

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
that may be true, however, ...is all of this DHT blocking, long term, does it do anything else negative to the body or not really?

Does this mean that I'll end up being more femminine , or masculine, less testosterone, more...or what?

Or is the side effect or other systemic effects of inhibiting DHT miniscule?

anyways back to hair...the dutasteride does have its side effects, but they're basically very mild and tolerable compared to that of finasteride, or at least it seems.

Anyways, if I do use finasteride and dutasteride at the same time,...should I take one one day, and the other one another day, or what?

Also, what I can tell from using finasteride/dutasteride is that they make my scalp itch disappear. WHen I'm on nothing, I get an itchy scalp and I notice certain sensations in it or directly under it, and finasteride/dutasteride make that go away and give me a different sensation. You can almost FEEL it working, it's pretty neat. Now, if you DO take both finasteride & dutasteride, are you basically wiping out nearly ALL of the DHT....I & II, and basically doing 95%+ to successfully prevent hairloss and stop it dead in its tracks?

And if this doesn't work....then maybe my hair loss origin isn't male pattern baldness, maybe something else? Or I'm just not a good responder to the drugs?

Also, I've noticed a few grays here and there, ....

I guess we have no cure for grey hairs lol. :Sigh:

I'm balding AND going grey. And I'm 27. This is so depressing. lolol.

Any advice and thorough advice please? thanks.