No Side Effects... Apart From Sunken Dry Eyes?? (anyone Else?)

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I posted a few days ago about this but got no response.

I've been on Propecia for two months, my dick is still working, my mood has not changed and all has been going well. Throughout this time, however, I slowly noticed an increase in my "malar festoons" (very similar to this lady http://oi35.tinypic.com/9tpe6u.jpg (note that I am male)), coupled with a greying of the skin in the corner of my eye near my tear-ducts.

Initially I put it down to smoking, and quit 3 weeks ago, but they have been getting worse. I quit the drug 3 days ago, still no change.

I would love to hear from individuals who have experienced a similar side effect, and whether it resolved itself after cessation of the drug. Must I accept that I fucked up my own face? Or is the horizon bright?

Thanks in advance :)

g.i joey

Reaction score
If you really think 2 months of treatment caused this (which I can assure you it didnt) then please post a before and after pic where we can see a noticeably change in your skin texture near the eyes. You're sounding like a huge hypochondriac imo

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you really think 2 months of treatment caused this (which I can assure you it didnt) then please post a before and after pic where we can see a noticeably change in your skin texture near the eyes. You're sounding like a huge hypochondriac imo

Hey man, thanks for the response. Well the short time span is in fact exactly what has made me think it was Finasteride seeing as it was the only change in my life-style (aside from stopping smoking) which has matched up with the rapid onset of what seems to be fluid/ fat draining from under my eyes. In addition, it is other people's experiences which triggered my suspicion, I didn't pluck this out of nowhere.

I do not have before photos, but here is one of me now https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/img_1805-png.55289/.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Ok I definitely see what you're talking about. Have you been getting good sleep? I think there are some other factors you should rule out before finasteride. But maybe even a couple weeks break from treatment can give you the reassurance you need. It might be best to do so

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
For some reason and in some people, antiandrogens seem to cause this. I get the same thing from RU58841 (wake up looking like a zombie.) When I quit the RU for 2-3 days the skin around my eyes normalizes.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back when i was on finasteride, i often had dry eyes. I never had dry eyes after i quit finasteride. I believe finasteride has ocular side effects.

americanjosh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for the response. Well the short time span is in fact exactly what has made me think it was Finasteride seeing as it was the only change in my life-style (aside from stopping smoking) which has matched up with the rapid onset of what seems to be fluid/ fat draining from under my eyes. In addition, it is other people's experiences which triggered my suspicion, I didn't pluck this out of nowhere.

I do not have before photos, but here is one of me now https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/img_1805-png.55289/.

How can you not have photos of yourself before the date of your post? Also, did you think of attributing the eye thing to changes post-smoking? Smoking messes up skin and facial fat quality and quitting may have affected that process somehow.