no shedding with propecia

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
i have a question how propecia works... i used to lose a lot of hair when first starting propecia.... many in the shower, many when i combed my hair... many when i pulled my hair... and during that time, my hair went to hell.... now, when i wash my hair, i dont lose as much hair as i used to... from 40+ to 6-8..... howeer, i still lose 40+ hairs when i comb my hair for the first time in the day... dioes this mean that my shed is finally subsiding?? anybody else go through this?

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
I never comb my hair so i cant answer that. But i probably lost 30-40 hairs in the shower a few months back... got back on finasteride after 3-4 months off and now maybe find 5 hairs at a time. So i think loosing less in your shower is a good indication somethings going right. Put it this way... at least your doing something about it!

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
it is definily a good sign. when finasteride worked for me... this worked in this way, i shower 3or 4 hairs... all day i dont see nothig at falling(but off course some few hairs falls). when this happens you retain your hair and new hairs is coming... you start to have more hair! unfortunaly in 6 months mark it stopped doing effect and i went to a massive shed... that dont stops....and now my hair is a misery like before treatment or worst. I quit finasteride yesterday.. i will quit for 1 week to see what happen if the massive shed go away...becouse i can continue loosing hair like that or..... i will have no hair to soon. SAD BUT TRUE.