No Shampoo And Conditioner Experiment For Uts (skin Base System)

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sharing the result of my experiment. (UTS only not for lace base system)

Not sure if this method works for other wearers but it works great for me. I stopped using shampoo & conditioner about 4 or 5 months ago for my UTS system. I've been using just water every 7 to 10 days to rinse the hair. Surprisingly, it keeps the hair shiny, fluffy, less shedding, smooth and silky.., like new from the box. I haven't had any issues and I think this method will extend the lifespan of the system as well. I also notice that it keeps hair color from fading too. This method probably only good for UTS because the sweat or body odor couldn't seep through the unit to the hair. It took 15-20 minutes to shampoo & rinse the hair system before and now takes 5 minutes. Since I don't use any hair products so it's not difficult to clean the hair thoroughly with only water. By the way, I don't use blow-dry, just towel dry and let the hair dry naturally.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll try this too, on my UTS.

At the moment I am deliberating over-washing it, because it's a new system and I need the very-dark black colour to fade a little and I want the system to be less bouncy. After this I will try to use just water.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll try this too, on my UTS.

At the moment I am deliberating over-washing it, because it's a new system and I need the very-dark black colour to fade a little and I want the system to be less bouncy. After this I will try to use just water.

I think shampooing the new system more frequently will fade the color faster. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in Pacific Northwest so not much UV and fairly mild weather here. The only hair product I use is Remy Silk Mist and I only use it tiny bit occasionally if I feel the hair looks dry. The dry hair is probably caused by wearing a helmet for a long period of time from a motorcycle ride, snowboarding , rock climbing, and cycling.....etc. I believe the friction against the helmet caused the hair drying out more. I really don't see any shedding after many months of wearing it. I don't understand why hair system manufacturers said the lifespan of UTS is only one month??? I think mine can last for 10 plus months.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in Pacific Northwest so not much UV and fairly mild weather here. The only hair product I use is Remy Silk Mist and I only use it tiny bit occasionally if I feel the hair looks dry. The dry hair is probably caused by wearing a helmet for a long period of time from a motorcycle ride, snowboarding , rock climbing, and cycling.....etc. I believe the friction against the helmet caused the hair drying out more. I really don't see any shedding after many months of wearing it. I don't understand why hair system manufacturers said the lifespan of UTS is only one month??? I think mine can last for 10 plus months.

To me, polyskin - I don't think mine qualities as UTS - seems far more robust than French lace. I wouldn't even consider Swiss.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To me, polyskin - I don't think mine qualities as UTS - seems far more robust than French lace. I wouldn't even consider Swiss.

I've tried full lace, poly with lace and 0.08 mm skin base (thicker skin) before UTS. I heard UTS is very fragile and l was very skeptical about the sturdiness of the UTS before place an order. l was so afraid could tear the base very easy. After wearing UTS for months, l notice that the 0.03mm UTS base actually is much stronger than I thought.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome - how would you compare .03mm to french lace in terms of sturdiness?
Both systems have equal durability to me.

French lace:
It's easier to get ripples or wrinkles on the front hairline area if I stretch too much when doing the attachment.
UTS or skin base systems:
Don't have that ripples or wrinkles issues and less hair shedding compare to lace.

I have an exposed hairline and my wife is my daily hair inspector, she has very high standards with hair and she agreed that the hairline of both systems looks very natural and undetectable.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score

French lace:
It's easier to get ripples or wrinkles on the front hairline area if I stretch too much when doing the attachment.
Don't have that ripples or wrinkles issues and less hair shedding compare to lace.

I have an exposed hairline and my wife is my daily hair inspector, she has very high standards with hair and she agreed that the hairline of both systems looks very natural and undetectable.

That's my only issue w lace.

I can place it on my head perfectly in 2 seconds, but I always end up w/ bumps and wrinkles.

Nothing aesthetically wrong w that, but I feel it compromises my the quality of my bond, and I'm becoming increasingly worried about the way it'd feel to a lady.

I thought an inherent issue w lace is it doesn't, when fingers run through it, feel like scalp.

I brought the question up w my brother, who has his lace pieces put on professionally. He says he has no wrinkles or bubbles in his attachment and if he touches his scalp, it feels like scalp.

I just assumed, no matter how tight the fit, the lace would feel different than authentic scalp; what's the truth here?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score

French lace:

What I like about my poly system is it's incredibly easy to apply owing to its tendency to hug the scalp naturally. I don't have bubbles when I use it. It suctions on.

I just prefer the breathability of lace, with I don't think I've ever applied perfectly.

Now I'm getting worried because, while I can't remember exactly, I think girls have really run their fingers thru my hair aggressively in the past.

Maybe I should put the condom on my head instead of my dick?

Ha, is it true well, rolled-on lace feels like scalp to touch when it's applied nice & snuggly?

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like this plan a lot. I got my UTS installed about 3 weeks ago and have washed it twice since (once at a salon). Both times the hair has become insanely dried out and being a curly system, has knotted heavily at the base which has resulted in me pulling out a ton of hairs. Unfortunately, Ive created a thin/bald spot that is quite noticeable. Ill probably put some concealer on it if i cant figure out how to style it once the hair is moist again.

In the week between washes, after I got the knots out the first time, I barely got it wet. I used John Freida Frizz ease to comb through it at night and Hask Argan Oil to add moisture in the morning. On day 6, it was still feeling great! In the future, I am going to avoid washing and probably follow your plan. I realized that with the skin theres really no reason to wash it with shampoo unless you are a heavy user of product and pomades, which I am not. The oil I use adds a little moisture and prevents it from drying out (I think).

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like this plan a lot. I got my UTS installed about 3 weeks ago and have washed it twice since (once at a salon). Both times the hair has become insanely dried out and being a curly system, has knotted heavily at the base which has resulted in me pulling out a ton of hairs. Unfortunately, Ive created a thin/bald spot that is quite noticeable. Ill probably put some concealer on it if i cant figure out how to style it once the hair is moist again.

In the week between washes, after I got the knots out the first time, I barely got it wet. I used John Freida Frizz ease to comb through it at night and Hask Argan Oil to add moisture in the morning. On day 6, it was still feeling great! In the future, I am going to avoid washing and probably follow your plan. I realized that with the skin theres really no reason to wash it with shampoo unless you are a heavy user of product and pomades, which I am not. The oil I use adds a little moisture and prevents it from drying out (I think).

This doesn't sound right. Washing your UTS should not leave it in such a bad state. Are you using cool/warm (not hot) water, a gentle shampoo (Paraben/Sulphate free) and a good conditioner? And try a leave-in spray conditioner after the wash too.

It's odd that the hair is knotting. This might happen on a lace system but I can't imagine how it could happen on a UTS … I stand to be corrected though.

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
This doesn't sound right. Washing your UTS should not leave it in such a bad state. Are you using cool/warm (not hot) water, a gentle shampoo (Paraben/Sulphate free) and a good conditioner? And try a leave-in spray conditioner after the wash too.

It's odd that the hair is knotting. This might happen on a lace system but I can't imagine how it could happen on a UTS … I stand to be corrected though.

Unfortunately it has been my experience thus far. I may have left the shampoo in too long the first time around when I did it on my own, but i think it’s due to the curliness and length of the hair. I’m not sure what the curl dimensions are but I have pictures on the mega thread. The longest hairs on the system are probably about 5 inches or so although some are shorter.

It rained the other night pretty heavily and I found a ton of knots when I woke up. I use a narrow picked comb to get the hair off the base and then use a wide tooth to comb through it (and my fingers).

I am also skeptical, as I do feel like getting it wet shouldn’t be causing these hair emergencies. I had a lot of my natural hair when I made the switch, and did so for the advantages over concealers — letting it get wet was a chief priority. Any advice you guys have is much appreciated!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
My brother, who wears French and has it professionally applied, says his is snuggly fit & feels like scalp. I guess my application, which has bubbles & wrinkles, needs adjustment!

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel wrinkles and bubbles on my skin unit, is there any quick fix for that?

Also if you dont shampoo the system doesn't it look too dry?

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel wrinkles and bubbles on my skin unit, is there any quick fix for that?

Also if you dont shampoo the system doesn't it look too dry?

See my other post HERE about how to moisturize dry hair. About the wrinkles and bubbles.. Did you stretch the skin base when laying it down on your head? Also, spray some isopropyl alcohol on the system skin before attach can give you 15-30 seconds to position, stretch down the system between that 30 second window time frame can get rid of all the bubbles and wrinkles.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See my other post HERE about how to moisturize dry hair. About the wrinkles and bubbles.. Did you stretch the skin base when laying it down on your head? Also, spray some isopropyl alcohol on the system skin before attach can give you 15-30 seconds to position, stretch down the system between that 30 second window time frame can get rid of all the bubbles and wrinkles.

Thanks a lot for the tips will definitely try these next time...Were u still on got2b routine? did you find any other easy methods