No rubbing?

KingC

Reaction score
I read recently that when applying minoxidil you don't have to rub it in as it absorbs on its own. I find this really hard to believe as wouldn't it just dry as a layer on top of the scalp. It would be really useful to me however as I currently spend over 1 hour a day applying topicals and most of that time is spent rubbing them in. Alot gets on my hands and I'm aware that my fingers probably absorb quite a bit so not having to rub it in would be a real help. I currently use 2 applications of minoxidil 15% a day and 2 applications of liquid spironolactone a day. If minoxidil doesn't have to be rubbed in then does the same go for other topicals such as spironolactone. I was thinking of applying the topicals with a dropper and then using a comb or brush to spread the minoxidil around on the scalp then maybe rubbing in the topicals slightly but with a latex glove on. Can anyone who uses or has used the method of no rubbing please reply about their experience of doing so and most importantly if it worked (the topicals absorbed and you got the benefits such as regrowth or maintenance). This could really save me time each day so I would greatly appreciate any views on the subject.

KingC

Reaction score
Ben said:
I dont rub it in, just use my fingures to even the spread.

How have your results been Ben and do you use any other topicals and do you do the same?

beaner

Reaction score
If you're spending almost an hour a day rubbing in topicals you are a. wasting a lot of time and b. probably absorbing more through your fingers than your scalp.

I spend less than five minutes a day with 2 minoxidil applications. I don't rub it in although I give it a few pats to ensure it isn't going to drip down the side of my head.

My results have been extremely good.

KingC

Reaction score
Thanks for the imput beaner, it is frustrating knowing for the past 8 months I've probably been wasting 45 minutes a day AND reducing my results. Would still like to here more peoples views on this. Also can spironolactone in liquid form be applied the same way? Does anyone apply other topicals without rubbing them in?