NO RESULTS = WHAT TO DO ?

ryanfrank

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am deciding what to add to my regimen as I have been on Propecia for more than 8 months with no positive results.

I am seriously thinking about starting Minoxidil, but want to try spironolactone first.

How do you apply the stuff, and how often should you apply it ? How long does it usually last for? Are Dr Lee's products the best value ?

Another question to everyone...I experienced scalp irritation and large flakes of dandruff for the first few months of hairloss, but as I have been using nizoral and T-GEL my itchiness and flakes has been reduced. However, I still get dandruff, albeit smaller flakes. Should I just use the nizoral 3x a week, and a normal, mild shampoo the other days, as I think T-GEL is pretty harsh stuff. It basically peels your scalp.

also, is grapeseed extract worth adding to stop itching ?

Cheers

Ryan

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
hey Ryan

You seem to have a pretty good understanding of whats going on, you seem to be under control> spironolactone Minoxidil, who knowd? the big three finasteride/Min/nizoral by majority rule seems to be the consensus to start as a foundation. I am allergic to minoxidil so for me spironolactone is my adjunct, a damn good one at that. It seems as though you are not experiencing propecia siedeeffects so obviouslybe patient stay the course.....and youl get thee with the rest of us.

Stingray

Reaction score
Minoxidil and spironolactone work in two seperate ways. You should use both at once...not one or the other.

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm giving my treatment a year. If at that time I still do not see any decent results, I am cutting my hair short and will start lamenting how unfortunate it is that men have become so vain.

bombscience

Reaction score
Olorin said:
I'm giving my treatment a year. If at that time I still do not see any decent results, I am cutting my hair short and will start lamenting how unfortunate it is that men have become so vain.

I'd like to see womens' reactions if FPB was as common as male pattern baldness.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair did not noticabely thicken until the two year mark, perhaps because that is when I added spironolactone, could be coincidence though, if you can tolerate propecia with no problems acept the monetary cost for it, than you might as well give it a two year test run. if i would have stopped it at year one I would be a hairclub for men uhhm customer/slave

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil rules! Propecia & minoxidil are the best products available at the mo, spironolactone is not a growth stimulant and should not be used in preference over minoxidil in my opinion, but used as a third treatment (after fina & minoxidil). :hairy:

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
Olorin said:

I'd like to see womens' reactions if FPB was as common as male pattern baldness.

Actually, I was discussing just this topic with my husband a few hours ago...I agree with Olorin, very short. If that looks like sh*t, bald and a wig. Hope it never gets that far. I'll give it another year, from today.
Of course, I won't do this unless it get so thin my scalp shines.