No Results On finasteride, What Should I Do Now? (pics)

idkovo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm 24 and I have been taking 1mg finasteride for about 1 year now, and havent noticed any difference. I feel like my hair line has worsened, but when looking back at my previous pictures i dont see any difference. I have attached two photos, one taken Nov 2017 and one taken today. Any advice on what to try next? Should i try minoxidil? I heard that for some, it can cause more hair loss, which put me off. It's just my hair line which is the issue.

Any help would be great thanks

Attachments

• dec.jpg
    dec.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,260

scaredaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm 24 and I have been taking 1mg finasteride for about 1 year now, and havent noticed any difference. I feel like my hair line has worsened, but when looking back at my previous pictures i dont see any difference. I have attached two photos, one taken Nov 2017 and one taken today. Any advice on what to try next? Should i try minoxidil? I heard that for some, it can cause more hair loss, which put me off. It's just my hair line which is the issue.

Any help would be great thanks

If anything that looks like it’s thickened and darkened

inmyhead

Reaction score
At first I didn't notice the dates and thought that bottom is way worse.
So after checking the dates - yup, an improvement.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seeing as Finasteride's primary function is to maintain your existing hair, saying you see no change in a year is a result.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are like me. We started finasteride when we noticed a mature hairline and we had the same age. You actually look better with finasteride.

It won't bring back the hair you lost, it is not a cure. But it will maintain your existing hair. With time you will notice you were blessed to have taken this decision early. If you tell your friends and they laugh at you, all I can tell is that in few years many of those people will stop laughing.

And wrong section, dude.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like @Mighty said, you've probably reached equilibirum here, i'm in the same state aswell, finasteride is not effective on temporal recession, same as Min and all the experimental sh*t out there...Shame but hard truth.

You can always try dermarolling the sh*t out of your temples and apply Min the next day...

And yeah, there's a difference, you still have hair a year after

idkovo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankyou all, sorry for posting in the wrong section.. I wasn't paying much attention when i posted!