No results after 7 months on Finasteride (Procas 1/4)

ludodz

Reaction score
I'm 23, been thinking since 17 I think, I'm a NW2 slowly going towards NW3

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/79544-2-months-into-Finasteride
This is a previous post with some pics that I posted some time ago when I started using Proscar)

So I have been on Proscar cut in 1/4 for 7 months now. I also use Nizoral Shampoo 2% twice a week (thinking about using it 3 times a week now).

I have yet to see any improvement, if anything it feels like my hair has gotten thinner ...

I was wondering, have any of you guys have had results past 7-8-9 months ? if you're going to get results, do you get them within the first 3-6 months ?

I'm thinking maybe I should start using Minoxidil once or twice a day but I want to wait and see what the results (if any) are on Proscar.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Just because you are not seeing regrowth does not mean that its not working. Only the very lucky get significant regrowth.

Maintenance alone is a result and it took me 2 years to be sure that the finasteride was working.

7 months is not a long time when treating hairloss Id give it at least a year before adding minoxidil.

Hari

Reaction score
Add minoxidil with finasteride then only u get quick result. You can read all success stories maximum persons with minoxidil

Aneik

Reaction score
Just be patient mate....finasteride takes full 1 year to show result in some guys....While others get quick results within few months....
Off course add minoxidil 5% to your regimen...

massa

Banned
Reaction score
If its continually getting worse month by month then that might mean you are not a responder to finasteride. Usually guys in their early twenties have aggressive forms of hair loss which sucks, monitor it for a few more months and if its still getting worse get on Dutasteride