No Regrowth Only Shed After 4-5 Months

CasualDude10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hows everyone doing?

So I am 23 years old and have been dealing with hair loss and a receding hairline for the past couple years. I have been taking finasteride for the past year. I have also been using rogaine for about 4-5 months now.

I started with foam and saw little hairloss and no regrowth so I switched to the rogaine solution. I’ve been on it for a little over a month and my hair shedding is so bad/rapid now and I see absolutely no regrowth yet.

Does anyone know why and what solutions I could take up? Not trying to be 23 and bald.

Thanks

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Switching brands can be a horrible idea. I was forced to switch brands due to no stock of the brand I used initially and upon changing I started shedding badly and its getting progressively worse. No regrowth either and been shedding for about 3 months. Don't know what to tell you..

CasualDude10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Switching brands can be a horrible idea. I was forced to switch brands due to no stock of the brand I used initially and upon changing I started shedding badly and its getting progressively worse. No regrowth either and been shedding for about 3 months. Don't know what to tell you..

I didn’t switch brands, i just switched from the rogaine foam to rogaine solution

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn’t switch brands, i just switched from the rogaine foam to rogaine solution
That can happen too, you didn't switch brands but you did make a change. minoxidil is a delicate chemical for some. The only thing you can do I guess is ride it out.

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Methinks your system may suffer from some shock loss to dropping/restarting fina. There's some hope you will stabilize and maybe get a small return.

CasualDude10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe its the way I apply it? I usually get out of the shower and apply it when my hair is still a little wet. I then put product in my hair to style it for work before it is completely dry. Could this be a problem? I usually shower once at night (after the gym) and once in the morning and use anti dandruff shampoo. Maybe this could be an issue?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Methinks your system may suffer from some shock loss to dropping/restarting fina. There's some hope you will stabilize and maybe get a small return.
I hope so because the shedding is pretty bad right now.
Maybe its the way I apply it? I usually get out of the shower and apply it when my hair is still a little wet. I then put product in my hair to style it for work before it is completely dry. Could this be a problem? I usually shower once at night (after the gym) and once in the morning and use anti dandruff shampoo. Maybe this could be an issue?
Make sure the liquid is penetrating your scalp. I would use a dermaroller for extra absorption.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/minoxidil-on-wet-scalp.17291/

"Wet scalp skin increases the penetration of topical drugs by several times (2x-5x more powerful). Because Rogaine does have side effects, they must attempt to keep you from increasing its potency and thereby side effects. However, if you apply Rogaine and do not experience any side effects, you might try applying it to wet scalp if you want to make it more potent. Be sure you have someone around if you do this since there is a change that you may not experience side effects on dry scalp, but may with wet scalp. If you experience side effects when applying Rogaine to dry hair, DEFINITELY *NEVER* apply it to your hair wet and be sure to follow Upjohn's instructions about not letting your hair get wet for 4 hours.
From personal experiences, I have heard many people who have said that Minoxidil did not work well for them, but after they started applying it to a wet scalp, it started working much better."

Also
Dermatol Ther. 2016 Sep;29(5):330-333. doi: 10.1111/dth.12369. Epub 2016 Jun 30.
Minoxidil topical treatment may be more efficient if applied on damp scalp in comparison with dry scalp.
Angelo T1, Barbalho GN1, Gelfuso GM1, Gratieri T2.
Author information
Abstract

There is yet no consensus among prescribers whether minoxidil (MXD) formulations should be applied on wet/damp or dry scalp and no clear FDA guidelines on the matter. We hypothesized that the use of MXD on damp scalp may lead to higher drug penetration. First, because the drug diffusion and consequent deposition into the hair follicle may be favored when follicle cast is humid. Second, because humidity may also prevent drug crystallization and, therefore, maintain a higher thermodynamic activity for longer periods, which leads to increased penetration. Following in vitro experiments on rat and porcine skin we confirmed the hypothesis, which could markedly improve treatment effectiveness.

KEYWORDS:
alopecia; hair follicle; therapy-topical