No reaction from finasteride

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Is it possible to get no regrowth at all with finasteride? How many people think this drug is a total waste?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How long have you been on it and are you sure it's not fake?

I got great results and I think finasteride it the largest reason.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride is for maintaining , It can promote regrowth but do not expect it because it might not happen. The people with more aggressive hair loss tend to suffer big sheds. This is because finasteride is getting rid of the old "choked" hair follicles, this shed can happen over a long time 2 months in which the user slowly gets used to the thinning hair. The user then notices a regrowth stage where the follicles that were kicked out grow back. They grow back stronger and this is interpreted as new "regrown hair" when in fact it is just the old hair that fell out due to finasteride coming back.

tman7

Reaction score
So what your saying is the hair folical must me putting out a hair of some size for it to regrow thicker/larger with finasteride and a hair folical that has ceased producing hairs will never again produce another hair?

Kareltje

Reaction score
Well I thought it barely had any effect on me, but after I quit after being on the drug for 18 months I am pretty confident it did help my hair a bit. As it seems to be getting thinner now (after 2+ weeks).

Then again I discovered 2 things that keep me from taking propecia again:
- my penis has gotten bigger (seriously lol, maybe it shrunk slowly while on propecia? edit: in its flaccid state that is)
- my libido has gone up, wasn't really bad while on propecia but still

But as soon as people are going to tell me I am going bald I'll probably shave my head and wait for a real cure for baldness.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So what your saying is the hair folical must me putting out a hair of some size for it to regrow thicker/larger with finasteride and a hair folical that has ceased producing hairs will never again produce another hair?

I'm not sure about this. The crown of my hair was slick in the center area and had a lot of very small
white hairs as you went out from the center. The regrowth seems to be happening from the outer
circle in, with the slick bald areas the last to respond, but they are responding. The front has had
limited change, the slick bald areas are still showing little regrowth, there are 20-30 dark
thick hairs in the previously slick areas. But nothing that is cosmetically acceptable.