No news over the past few months

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is depressing. Only one treatment (samumed) has/will release any signs of encouragement(or not) about their product. Sigh...

abcdefg

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of male pattern baldness. Enjoy your stay. Plenty of new nofap methods, herbal hair vitamins, and laser helmets seem to come out everyday if you consider those new treatments.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of male pattern baldness. Enjoy your stay. Plenty of new nofap methods, herbal hair vitamins, and laser helmets seem to come out everyday if you consider those new treatments.

Looking at your join date...yikes. Over ten years ago. I sure as hell don't want to be here in 10 years.

BrianH

Reaction score
Lol wow man you been here since 2005, I've only been getting ****ed by male pattern baldness the past 3-4 years, and I've already heard so many garbage treatments that will cure us that turn out to be flops. After 10 years I'm pretty sure I'll just go into hiding.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear I didn't see your comment and reply lol I just realized it.. Awkward.. But we all think similar with male pattern baldness I suppose

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking at your join date...yikes. Over ten years ago. I sure as hell don't want to be here in 10 years.

Good chance you will be. I hope otherwise though.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.n2c.world/international
Turkey N2C new nano hair products
It has produced a new device better synthesis

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.n2c.world/international

I usually check out company addresses on Google maps to get an idea of what kind of company they are. In this case i found one address in the Netherlands that is some kind of house boat, and one virtual office in Singapore. Not exactly what I was hoping :D

https://www.google.se/maps/place/Ho...6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xe43a1da57f30358b!6m1!1e1

http://www.virtualoffice.com.sg/new/index.php

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
I've been checking the forums for 16 years. In that time, the only treatments available were finasteride, minoxodil, and Nizoral. Currently, the only treatments available are finasteride, minoxodil, and Nizoral. Seeing as nothing new will be available within the next three years at best (and probably much longer), we're talking about an entire generation of hair loss sufferers who haven't seen a single new drug released.

IMO although the world of male pattern baldness has lots of things to be depressed about, the worst by far isn't all these scammy herbal companies or dodgy fake treatments, it is the fact that for the last 20 years NOTHING has changed... There is not been a single commercially available product that has been proven to grow hair released in those 20 years. And that is in an age where we are making more medical breakthroughs than ever...

Except for beautiful dutasteride of course...As much as I love it though it is just a glorified finasteride.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU has been a gamechanger for a lot of people, albeit not a commercially available one.

Fall

Reaction score
RU is kind of the best thing that happened the last 20 years. I have no idea how it came into existence and who first told others about this but I really that it is the only good stuff that came out the last few years.

If I had a pharmaceutical company I would try to improve RU and then try to get it to ordinary drug store. Easiest way to earn without selling BS snake oils.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm really hopeful for Samumed. It sounds extremely promising. The fact that they're testing on very high norwoods and still getting presentable results really excites me. I'm hoping it can atleast restore one or two norwoods. It should be especially good for low norwoods. Be optimistic people!

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
But does it grow hair? It's really just another anti-androgen. While some people grow hair on AA, it's really only a very, very few who do. For most, AA either stops (the lucky ones) or slows down (the less lucky ones) hair loss.

If we are talking about protocols that grow hair, it's really only minoxodil, which has been around for about 30 years, and longer off-label.

THIRTY YEARS and no new protocols that grow hair. And it will be at least another three or more before any new options. So roughly two generations since a new treatment. That's pretty astonishing, considering it's a disease that most men suffer from.

I really hope you're right, and I share you excitement, particularly given that they tested on high Norwoods. If it's a bust, it's going to be another couple of years without any new developments (I think Replicel and Histogen are bunk).

The further toward the hairline and temples you go the harder it is to regrow hair. If Sammumed works which I am still not certain of given it's mechanism, It will likely have the best results on high Norwood patients, similar to what Histogen said they noticed in their trials.

Reaction score
I am wondering: Maybe there is little new research/effort because the industry considers Finasteride to be a "good enough" treatment? If you look at the official numbers (85% success rate on a 3 year basis, more than half of the users above baseline after 10 years, and only about 5% of the users experience adverse effects and finasteride is cheap and easy to use) it does not look to bad, doesn't it?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Polichem's topical finasteride and the Italian formulation seem like two decent developments,

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The further toward the hairline and temples you go the harder it is to regrow hair. If Sammumed works which I am still not certain of given it's mechanism, It will likely have the best results on high Norwood patients, similar to what Histogen said they noticed in their trials.
Hsc and SM04554 have completely different mechanisms. It would be premature to assume that they both have trouble growing the temples and hairline.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Hsc and SM04554 have completely different mechanisms. It would be premature to assume that they both have trouble growing the temples and hairline.

I'm aware of that, and no it wouldn't. Histogen boss flat out stated that that was what they saw in their trials in Hellouser's interview. And SM04554 is WNT stimulation which there are already products out that do that such as Stemoxydine/VPA, albeit this may be refined.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm aware of that, and no it wouldn't. Histogen boss flat out stated that that was what they saw in their trials in Hellouser's interview. And SM04554 is WNT stimulation which there are already products out that do that such as Stemoxydine/VPA, albeit this may be refined.
I misspoke. I believe histogen is probably gonna be a rotten pile of horse s**t. Im just saying that SM04554 is an entirely new product. WNT stimulation can have many variables that affect growth in different places in different ways.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemoxydine is a prolyl-4-hydroxylase inhibitor. Hypoxia signaling is mediated by the HIF-1A transcription factor and is degraded by prolyl-4-hydroxylase. So in short it induces HIF-1A favoring a more hypoxic environment for the cells.

If we look at the WNT pathway in relation to hair follicle biology it plays a immense role. It has a huge role in hair follicle cycling, also in the creation of the hair follicle (morphogenesis). On a genetic level WNT10A has also been associated with Androgenetic Alopecia.

I'm with Hairloss23 though that compounds like valproic acid, lithium etc. which work through GSK3-B inhibition also induce b-catenin (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24533507). Now SM is a molecule that apparently targets b-catenin directly and AFAIK is the first molecule ever which works like this and hit clinical trials. Hopefully it will do (significantly) better than minoxidil, who knows... The results will be important imo. We will know the results in 2 days.

Androgenetic Alopecia is just one big beast though. Extremely hard to reverse as we all know.

Future prospects are getting weaker and weaker, at least for the near future which sucks. At the moment I see the hair transplant industry dominating the ranks for the coming years easily. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
I actually have some faith in Histogen, not enough to spend time actively looking forward to it. But out of SM, Replicel and HSC I think it is the one that has the chance at the best results in terms of regrowth. I know Replicel has nothing to do with regrowth but frankly what they are trying to achieve seems too good to actually work.