No Morning Wood On finasteride, While Every Thing Else Works Fine

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
1.5 months in on finasteride and I realized I've only had morning wood a couple of times during this period. However, I have an easy time getting a hard-on when I've just waken up, just scrolling thru Instagram on the phone is enough. I know that before finasteride I got them but only a couple of times a week. Should I be concerned?

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t get why people fixate on morning wood. Who cares if you wake up with a boner, do you get a trophy for it or something?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
I don’t get why people fixate on morning wood. Who cares if you wake up with a boner, do you get a trophy for it or something?
Libido and erections can me all mental, with other words everything can still be fine and it's all down to anxiety. While morning wood is out of our control, that's why I'm a bit worried.

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score

If your penis is infrequently being engorged with blood, it will have an effect on the size of your penis. Old men's penises shrink slightly over time, likely due to less overall testosterone with age, but also due to the mechanical nature of nocturnal tumescence.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
I woke up with one today, feels good.

I also did some more reading and found out Nocturnal penile tumescence is used to determine if males E.D is psychological or physiological. If you wake up without morning wood it doesn't mean you don't get erections during your sleep. Apparently what you can do is to wrap a thin paper around your dick and take a piece of tape to keep it together. If you wake up and the paper is teared up you're most likely fine. I will try this for a week and see lol.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is weird. A lot of people report watery semen. Not me. I got watery stool instead. Not one normal sh*t since beginning. No other sides noticed. If you can still get it up then youre fine.

Also lifestyle factors play into erections for instance, when youre on a dietary cut like I am, calorie restriction will reduce overall testosterone and your libido and so forth will drop as well.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never got morning woods even before finasteride and my sex drive is/was decently high.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it that important? As long as you can get an erection when needed i don't see how this could pose a problem.

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
I rarely get morning wood too.
No shits given.

No damn regrowh either, i do give a sh*t about that.