no longer losing hair ?

funtimestinto

Reaction score
hey all,

I was just wondering something and hope you guys might know. I started getting thin around 18. It only lasted about 5-6 years and now it's just thin all over and has recided but no hair comes off anymore, any reason for this ??

thanks all,

JaY

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
well jay... it isnt that simple....

i has a full head of hair till i was 27 now im 31 and in those 4 years i have gone from NW1 to NW5.

Yet i have never had any noticible shedding, there was never a mass shedding of my hair falling out in the shower, my pillow was never covered in hairs. Becuase they slowly shrunk over 4 years. i never woke up one day and went OMG look how far my temples go back... its a slow slow process. at all the time i thought... im not loosing anymore i cant see any loss...

but mark my words this time next year it will be worse than it is now unless you treat it.

jordan23

Reaction score
i think hair loss can slow down at times and speed up other times. just because u started to losing your hair at 18 dosent mean your going to be a nw7.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
chancer said:
well jay... it isnt that simple....

i has a full head of hair till i was 27 now im 31 and in those 4 years i have gone from NW1 to NW5.

Yet i have never had any noticible shedding, there was never a mass shedding of my hair falling out in the shower, my pillow was never covered in hairs. Becuase they slowly shrunk over 4 years. i never woke up one day and went OMG look how far my temples go back... its a slow slow process. at all the time i thought... im not loosing anymore i cant see any loss...

but mark my words this time next year it will be worse than it is now unless you treat it.

Are you using any regime?

TIA

Armando

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
yes for the last 7 weeks ive been on

minoxidil foam x2 per day

1 mg finasteride per day

5000 mg of MSM per day

1000MG of Vit C per day

Zinc per day

Silica per day

Omega 3 per day

when i used to run my hand through my my hair wet, i would get around 10 hairs drop.... now im lucky if i can find 1 hair

my temples have started to get very thin velious hair covering them... if they turn into terminal hairs i will be over the moon.... things are hapening slowly week by week... i hope one day to post a detailed success thread.... i keep my fingers crossed

BTW no side effects at all.... and even if i stopped hair loss treatment in the future i will still keep up the vitamins and minerals theyve been great for overall health...

sidekick96

Reaction score
chancer said:
yes for the last 7 weeks ive been on

minoxidil foam x2 per day

1 mg finasteride per day

5000 mg of MSM per day

1000MG of Vit C per day

Zinc per day

Silica per day

Omega 3 per day

when i used to run my hand through my my hair wet, i would get around 10 hairs drop.... now im lucky if i can find 1 hair

my temples have started to get very thin velious hair covering them... if they turn into terminal hairs i will be over the moon.... things are hapening slowly week by week... i hope one day to post a detailed success thread.... i keep my fingers crossed

BTW no side effects at all.... and even if i stopped hair loss treatment in the future i will still keep up the vitamins and minerals theyve been great for overall health...

How many Mg of the zinc, Silica and Omega 3 do you take and what brands do you recommend?

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
i buy my stuff from a health store in the uk called "holland & Barret".

Silca is in a tablet from. i take one per day, it also includes your reccomended daily allowans of Zinc.

msm i take 5grames per day which is about 1 teaspoon of powder mixed in a little bit of water and gulped down.

I take 1500mg of Vit C - this helps the MSM work.

I buy my finasteride from Boots Chemist shop in the uk... i wont buy anything online, becuase you dont really know if it is the real thing or not.

i do buy minoxidil foam online becuase its bloody impossible for sombody to rip you off and replicate that in a can...

Need4Hair

Reaction score
yes sometime it stopped by itself .. I had very thick hair that I couldnt even use the comb because of thickness! from 1999 to 2001 it went dramaticaly from that thickness to NW2.5!!! then from 2001 untill today I didnt lose any hair, it sounds weird but i think im still lucky! .. and I didnt use any traitement from 2001 to last week! I was surfing and I read in the forums about this finasteride and minoxidil and I decided to give it a try! if it would reverse NW2.5 to thickness ( Iam now 37)! I started minoxidil 5% last week and finasteride 2 days ago! I still didnt have any shedding and no itching or side effects from both meds.

ali777

Reaction score
Could it be that you have a high mature hairline?

A lot has been said and written about mature hairline, which in my opinion is a mild male pattern baldness. People that have mature hairline have an male pattern baldness that doesn't progress aggressively.

I am NW2.5 as well and I hope I am in the "mature hairline" group like yourself. But the front of my hair and my temples are dangerously thin, and I am scared that it might progress.