No idea what to add to my regimen(seven words)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is still a stubborn part of my crown that is completely bald and refuses to grow back, im starting to think i have some form of scarring alopecia on the area that only a transplant will fix, im not sure. I will write down my daily supplement/med regimen even though not all i take is hair loss related.

Morning: 0.5mg dutasteride, 100mg spironolactone, 10ml castor oil, 1x A-Z multivitamin,2g MSM, 2g Collagen, 2g fish oil, 100mg CoQ10, Vitamin C 1g, Vitamin D 10000iu, 500mg NAC, 1g glutathione, 1000ug Vitamin B12, 100mcg vitamin k2

Night: 100mg spironolactone, 10mg oral minoxidil, 500mg NAC

Can anyone think of anything i can add? i don't even really need major regrowth, just a tiny amount to fill or reduce the size of this bald patch on my crown. Estradiol may work but i think it is a nuclear option as a last resort, i don't think the amount of hair loss on the area warrants such an extreme approach yet tbh. Bi-estro cream has me interested though.

Thanks

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is still a stubborn part of my crown that is completely bald and refuses to grow back, im starting to think i have some form of scarring alopecia on the area that only a transplant will fix, im not sure. I will write down my daily supplement/med regimen even though not all i take is hair loss related.

Morning: 0.5mg dutasteride, 100mg spironolactone, 10ml castor oil, 1x A-Z multivitamin,2g MSM, 2g Collagen, 2g fish oil, 100mg CoQ10, Vitamin C 1g, Vitamin D 10000iu, 500mg NAC, 1g glutathione, 1000ug Vitamin B12, 100mcg vitamin k2

Can anyone think of anything i can add? i don't even really need major regrowth, just a tiny amount to fill or reduce the size of this bald patch on my crown. Estradiol may work but i think it is a nuclear option as a last resort, i don't think the amount of hair loss on the area warrants such an extreme approach yet tbh. Bi-estro cream has me interested though.

Thanks
I would try bi-estro like you mentioned. Have you tried microneedling?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try bi-estro like you mentioned. Have you tried microneedling?

I doubt microneedling on its own without topical min etc will do any good tbh. Bi-estro cream looks promising, actual oestrogel is cheaper though. im mostly looking for oral meds/supplements i can take. increase aromatase etc

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt microneedling on its own without topical min etc will do any good tbh, i might give it a shot just to see but like i said i doubt it would do anything.
Microneedling itself is a growth factor, it encourages the body to regenerate tissue/follicles

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling itself is a growth factor, it encourages the body to regenerate tissue/follicles

Yeah i have seen those studies but have yet to find one real life example of regrowth or even basic maintenance with needling on its own. Many people on here have tried it.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i have seen those studies but have yet to find one real life example of regrowth or even basic maintenance with needling on its own. Many people on here have tried it.
Yeah I haven’t seen studies on humans without minoxidil. I’ve seen people do it as a mono therapy but 1) I think they still need finasteride and I don’t see a lot of finasteride/microneedling only combos and 2) a lot of people probably overdo it and cause inflammation

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I haven’t seen studies on humans without minoxidil. I’ve seen people do it as a mono therapy but 1) I think they still need finasteride and I don’t see a lot of finasteride/microneedling only combos and 2) a lot of people probably overdo it and cause inflammation
Hey I'm considering going the finasteride+microneedling twice or thrice a week route for at least six or eight months, would you kindly tell me if you have any idea of which kind of dermapen I should use? I cannot get a Derminator, but I could buy a Dr. Pen or something like that. Sadly I've no clue of which kind of model or needles I should go for.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I'm considering going the finasteride+microneedling twice or thrice a week route for at least six or eight months, would you kindly tell me if you have any idea of which kind of dermapen I should use? I cannot get a Derminator, but I could buy a Dr. Pen or something like that. Sadly I've no clue of which kind of model or needles I should go for.

Dr.Pen ultima a6, good quality, wireless, relatively cheap, cartridges cheap too. Don't expect miracles with needling alone with finasteride.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr.Pen ultima a6, good quality, wireless, relatively cheap, cartridges cheap too. Don't expect miracles with needling alone with finasteride.

Many thanks for the advice dude, I just saw a video on youtube on how to use it and read some posts on tressless on how often one should replace cartridges (I think I may go for the 12 needles, 3 times before discarding a cartridge route). I just want to feel like I'm doing something extra that could be worthwhile for my hair until I'm 6 or 8 months on Finasteride at least, then introduce Minoxidil, since I've already been using ketoconazole shampoo for a month. I hope this thing lasts 2 or 3 years at least because I ain't swimming in cash right now. I'll see if I can order one next week.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shameless bump, really desperate if anyone can recommend oral meds i can take, im not sure about estriol orally, haven't read much in to it or if it is even advisable.

Ferreira

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks
Hey, if you haven’t tried PRP yet, it has promising results! So many people yield great results from the treatment. You should give it a shot. Once an area is bald it’s quite difficult to grow the area back. PRP is injecting the growth factors directly into the area.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks
You can da topical finasteride

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, if you haven’t tried PRP yet, it has promising results! So many people yield great results from the treatment. You should give it a shot. Once an area is bald it’s quite difficult to grow the area back. PRP is injecting the growth factors directly into the area.

PRP for the most part is a scam, im not going to fork out money for it

You can da topical finasteride

Don't see the need plus for now im trying to avoid messy topicals.

Ferreira

My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP for the most part is a scam, im not going to fork out money for it

Don't see the need plus for now im trying to avoid messy topicals.
Definitely not, I’ve seen some fantastic results from it on others which compelled me to try it myself and it completely stopped my hair fall. It’s 100% worth it depending on your type of hairfall.

Finasteride (1.5mg) and minoxidil (topical) weren’t effective for me and sides were messing me up. right now I’m just on PRP and I’ve had no shedding and my hairs thicker. I’m waiting a bit longer for before and afters.

My advice; give it a try. You may not see regeneration in your first sesh but for me it’s definitely thicker and my hair fall has stopped. On a pull test I would lose over 30 hairs previously. Now I’m lucky to get 1-2 (1-6 is normal)

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely not, I’ve seen some fantastic results from it on others which compelled me to try it myself and it completely stopped my hair fall. It’s 100% worth it depending on your type of hairfall.

Finasteride (1.5mg) and minoxidil (topical) weren’t effective for me and sides were messing me up. right now I’m just on PRP and I’ve had no shedding and my hairs thicker. I’m waiting a bit longer for before and afters.

My advice; give it a try. You may not see regeneration in your first sesh but for me it’s definitely thicker and my hair fall has stopped. On a pull test I would lose over 30 hairs previously. Now I’m lucky to get 1-2 (1-6 is normal)

How often have you been on it? I had the impression that my hair became PRP addicted

Ferreira

My Regimen
Reaction score
How often have you been on it? I had the impression that my hair became PRP addicted
I’ve only had 1 round of it with 1 vial 6 weeks ago and already happy that at this stage I’m getting results. Did it essentially to test my response.

I’m about to have my next dose but I’ll do 2 vials to cover hairline and top of scalp.

Your scalp doesn’t become addicted. But if you keep up the maintenance results appear promising across multiple studies.

One major variable does appear to be who does it and what they use as well as how they inject and where. It’s not as simple as injecting into the skin. It’s following the follicle grains, releasing on withdraw into the dermis and not under the skin... also not wasting any precious plasma when fully withdrawn... technique is important.

I will obviously keep updating my journey.
I’m essentially doing this as a study on myself.

I’ll be getting a transplant in March, but if I get regrowth I’m holding off. I’ll see how this goes solo, then I’ll add in the minoxidil / finasteride. Or if tolerated, dutasteride.

I’ve been using the Ketoconazole 2% shampoo as part of my stack which was also quite effective previously at preventing hair fall.

I am shaving my head tomorrow to monitor progress more closely and to take photos.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well then good luck. I had more rounds then you over the course of more then a year in certain areas. The areas were I got it, it made the hair worse in the long term. I never lost hair at the temples, after PRP I did very quickly when I did not repeat it

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First better, then Shedding, then thick regrowth and if not continued then worse than before the first treatment

Ferreira

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well then good luck. I had more rounds then you over the course of more then a year in certain areas. The areas were I got it, it made the hair worse in the long term. I never lost hair at the temples, after PRP I did very quickly when I did not repeat it
How long were you using it for? That’s very interesting! It’s possible that over time the hair loss was inevitable regardless and not necessarily a cause of the PRP itself. It’s not a magic potion, just helps to stave off that genetic conundrum!