No Hope Left. I'm So Much Worse Off Even On Avodart

Thebeezkneez91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started taking Propecia every day starting December 2015 for frontal thinning. Somewhere during that year my temples went from thin to practically gone. Then December this year I upgraded to Duta every other day.

How the hell can this be? I look so much worse than when I started taking the stuff, and I even started treatment before on areas of my head went slick bald.

I feel like I've given it enough time. If I'm being real with my self I don't think I can regrow anything even with Duta, just based off what I see in the mirror there are simply no signs of progress. I just don't know where to go from here. I feel like I'm putting potentially harmful medication in my body for no reason, but I'm too afraid to stop.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long havr you been on duta ? you might be a non responder to propecia like me . 2 years on propecia and i am way below baseline . Maybe avodart will at least maintain what you have now

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
for the few unlucky like you and me, propecia can't saved the miniaturized hair and even sometime the thick terminal hair

Thebeezkneez91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive done 2 months of sit EOD. It just doesn't make sense. If I'm a non responder then why do I get all the common sides? How can a human body have no response to such a powerful drug anyway?

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive done 2 months of sit EOD. It just doesn't make sense. If I'm a non responder then why do I get all the common sides? How can a human body have no response to such a powerful drug anyway?

finasteride doesnt work for anyone. Still never been shown proper logs with results. Its a gimick

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
me too i have got all the sides but not the result . But that mean we would be even worse if we stop

g.i joey

Reaction score

2 months is way too early, I know you think it should probably be all cumulative from when you started finasteride, but give dutasteride 6 more months. No one knows when and if regrowth/maintenance will start to happen with these meds. I've read redditors say they only noticed improvement after 13-15 months on finasteride. Give dutasteride a little more time if you can handle the sides.

Also quick question, are there any new or more pronounced sides that have appeared since switching to dutasteride?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride doesnt work for anyone. Still never been shown proper logs with results. Its a gimick

You're just sore that you started finasteride after you had already been a norwood 7 for five years.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Started taking Propecia every day starting December 2015 for frontal thinning. Somewhere during that year my temples went from thin to practically gone. Then December this year I upgraded to Duta every other day.

How the hell can this be? I look so much worse than when I started taking the stuff, and I even started treatment before on areas of my head went slick bald.

I feel like I've given it enough time. If I'm being real with my self I don't think I can regrow anything even with Duta, just based off what I see in the mirror there are simply no signs of progress. I just don't know where to go from here. I feel like I'm putting potentially harmful medication in my body for no reason, but I'm too afraid to stop.

how long havr you been on duta ? you might be a non responder to propecia like me . 2 years on propecia and i am way below baseline . Maybe avodart will at least maintain what you have now

Same here. I've been using finasteride constantly for 2 years, it only got worse and got even sides in the process.

Guys, one of you see some slowing down of hairloss the last 3 months?