NO [Dr. Lee's] 5% minoxidil and 5%spironolactone DOES NOT stink

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have seen many posts recently where people are either worried or believe that 5% Min and 5% spironolactone when used together stinks like sh*t.

Ok, i am speaking for Dr. Lee's 5% minoxidil and 5% spironolactone coz thats the one I have only ever used and NO, they do not stink. Rather there is no odor at all. Hence you need not worry about it. Apply minoxidil and after 10-15mins apply spironolactone and you are good to go.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr Lee's 5% cream does stink. I'm using it and although it does not stink as much as liquid it does stink. So when someone is sitting next to you he will smell it.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I will disagree...I dont smell anything and neither do my friends...I have not told them I apply this stuff..but I know even if they get a hint of a smell, they are gonna kick my ***...not that they will know that I am applying hair loss products...but coz I smell....my friends are assholes....like me :D

but i maybe wrong...

lmdavies

Reaction score
My girlfriend also said that it does NOT stink. It simply smells like an odourless moisturiser (E45 for example).

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
lmdavies said:
My girlfriend also said that it does NOT stink. It simply smells like an odourless moisturiser (E45 for example).

maybe the formula changed....i'd always had incredible stink after aplying minoxidil and spironolactone and looks like it's less of a problem these days...

lmdavies

Reaction score
I'll take back what I said earlier as I have just opened up my second tub of 5% spironolactone cream and this one DOES stink both when you smell the tub and when its on your scalp. I also opened up another tub and that smells too.

They must have changed the formula or maybe mine has gone off ???

I have e-mailed Dr Lee for an explanation.

lmdavies

Reaction score
This is wierd. When I opened the 'fresh' tub of spironolactone 24 hours ago, it absolutely stank including this mornings application - I could not wait to wash the stuff off as it was that bad.

However I have just opened the tub for this evenings application and the smell has practically gone.

I got two independant people to verify this.

Can anyone with any savvy explain this?

Maybe its just some preservative or something - Like when you first open a processed packet of cooked meat and it stinks of farts - if you know what I mean ;)

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Well mine still stinks after a week of usage so I don't know what kind of cream you got. Mine stinks of spironolactone.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
damn...mine does not smell at all..I am wondering if I got a defunct version or sumthin that does nuthin at all :(

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I solved it pretty fast. I just apply it to my head and then put a few drops of cologne on my hands and rub them gently on my hair. It effectively eliminates any the stank to the point it's virtualy undetectable.

lmdavies

Reaction score
HairComeAgain: I was thinking the same as you, i.e. Maybe I originally had an 'empty' version! My first tub just smelt like E45 cream.

Dr Lee has replied to me and is sending out a replacement tub and has requested that his staff "smell and test it" prior to shipping.

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
Had my first application of dr lee's 5% spironolactone last night and i can confirm it does stink, not excessively but it does all the same, i don't think i would wear it in public.