Nizoral

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering what the general consensus is out there on this shampoo.. I know there are other threads pertaining to the shampoo.

1% or 2%?.. Let sit for 5 minutes or 10?.. Pre-Wash hair before using Nizoral?.. Good shampoo to use in between?

PinwTyropites

Reaction score
I'm using 2% 3 to 4 times a week and I leave it on my scalp for like 6 -7 minutes . In between I'm using zinc shampoos I recommend you using one aswell . Studies show 2%keto has similar results to 2%minoxidil in long term (6 months). Also it cleans your scalps really well

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using 2% 3 to 4 times a week and I leave it on my scalp for like 6 -7 minutes . In between I'm using zinc shampoos I recommend you using one aswell . Studies show 2%keto has similar results to 2%minoxidil in long term (6 months). Also it cleans your scalps really well

Any particular brand of Zinc shampoo? H&S? I wonder if Zinc or a Selenium based shampoo is better..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, where can you buy 2% Nizoral?

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral shampoo is 2% as far as I know, you can buy it in the pharmacy or online via Amazon, Ebay, online pharmacies etc. There are sometimes discounts on the Amazon and Ebay if you buy more etc.

The Nizoral I find in stores and on Amazon is 1%(Blue bottle)... I have found 2% Nizoral(Red bottle) on eBay, just not sure if it's legit.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump.. Anyone know where to get 2% Nizoral(Red bottle)? Or should I just stick with the 1%?

christinethoma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any particular brand of Zinc shampoo? H&S? I wonder if Zinc or a Selenium based shampoo is better..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, where can you buy 2% Nizoral?

Assuming you're from the US, I've found out that you can't buy 2% Nizoral. You'll need prescription.
I've tried H&S dandruff shampoo and the results were so so, I recommend Zinc shampoo by DHS: http://amzn.to/1JQ9W9g if you have sensitive scalp, don't use this because it's kinda harsh, but it's worth it. I also havent tried a selenium based shampoo though. Would like to know the thoughts of other users.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Assuming you're from the US, I've found out that you can't buy 2% Nizoral. You'll need prescription.
I've tried H&S dandruff shampoo and the results were so so, I recommend Zinc shampoo by DHS: http://amzn.to/1JQ9W9g if you have sensitive scalp, don't use this because it's kinda harsh, but it's worth it. I also havent tried a selenium based shampoo though. Would like to know the thoughts of other users.

Ya, that's what I thought. There are 2% Nizorals on eBay, just not sure if they are trustworthy or not :/

tab531

Reaction score

Would you use the zinc shampoo over 1% keto?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Studies have shown the 1% stuff to be as effective as 2%, you just have to use it more often. The 1% nizoral is also less harsh on your scalp.
I've also read tip that it's more effective if you do a quick pre wash first then do second wash where you leve it on for 5 min.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Studies have shown the 1% stuff to be as effective as 2%, you just have to use it more often. The 1% nizoral is also less harsh on your scalp.
I've also read tip that it's more effective if you do a quick pre wash first then do second wash where you leve it on for 5 min.

Which studies?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Why does nizoral leave my hair looking like crap. Everytime I use it my hair looks it's worst for a day