Nizoral

LulzKiller

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 17 and have been using Nizoral for the past month or so. I'm not really balding, but I have a hair condition that is caused by DHT binding to the follicle so it's pretty much guaranteed that I will start balding soon. I got my mom to prescribe me Nizoral 2 % for this condition and for the dandruff I have. I'm using it about twice a week and have not noticed any shedding (keep in mind I have a full head of hair).

ficki4

Reaction score
is anyone knows any other brand names for the KETOCONAZOLE shamboos?I could not find Nizoral in the local market and I would search for another one. I found one called FUNGORAL that seems to have the same substance and there is in 1% and 2% shampoos. Does any know if it would do the same job?

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
ficki4 said:
is anyone knows any other brand names for the KETOCONAZOLE shamboos?I could not find Nizoral in the local market and I would search for another one. I found one called FUNGORAL that seems to have the same substance and there is in 1% and 2% shampoos. Does any know if it would do the same job?

If it has KETOCONAZOLE in 1% or 2% it should work the same.

Can't you just buy Nizoral online?

icon smith

Reaction score
I order my 2% Nizoral from granvillewellness.com. Reasonable price and good service.

Dr. Lee's Regrowth Treatment Shampoo is also available online at his web site for a decent price.

charmingman

Reaction score
I have been using Nizoral for about 3 weeks and my hair seems to have thinned slightly more. I am going on 1/4 Proscar hopefully this weekend without speaking to a doctor about it, having bought some off the internet.

I am just interested to find out what is recommended for shampoo on the days that you do not use Nizoral. I have been using Nourkrin shampoo which is supposedly designed for "those concerned with thinning hair" on the days between Nizoral applications, however I just wanted to check with you guys if something like this is OK to keep doing.

Thanks in advance.

icon smith

Reaction score
This is what I do and it seems to be working:

In the morning I rotate 2% Nizoral, NANO and Jason's Thin to Thick. After my hair is relatively dry I apply 1ml 5% Minoxidil, wait about 30 minutes then apply 1 ml Tricomin (with a dropper). After that has dried I shoot a few spritzes of American Crew revitalizing spray on my hair - mainly for appearance sake. After breakfast, or before lunch I take 1 mg of finasteride (finpecia).

In the evening, I repeat the Minoxidil and Tricomin before bed.

Good luck to all. :)

Rutger Hauer

Reaction score
I added to my minoxidil regime Nizoral 2% about a month ago and I am experimenting shedding. I don't know if this is good (it works and it will regrow stronger), or bad.

Anybody shedded with nizoral and later recovered?

Just in case I may go to 1% and see whan happens.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've had crazy acne since I started using nizoral. Can't find the 1% here, just the 2%, so instead I've had to cut down on using it. Has anyone else had this acne problem? Does it pass?