nizoral

Reaction score
hey everyone i was thinking about nizoral shampoo and how some say it has minoxidil properties. If it does, does it mean if u stop using it whatever it does help grow does it eventually fall out if u dont keep using it?

GeorgeMichaelHair

Reaction score
I've read good stuff about this shampoo.
The chemichal substance called ketoconazole stays several days on your scalp.
If it has minoxidil properties it can really be kick ***.

I hope people will release more potent studies regarding the nizoral shampoo or the ketoconazole lotion.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "minoxidil properties" but there was a study done that showed it was as effective at regrowing hair as 2% minoxidil solution. This does not mean it works by the same mechanism as minoxidil in regrowing hair.

Nizoral is known to have have mild anti-DHT properties. minoxidil is a hair growth stimulator and I believe nizoral just helps with regrowth due to it's anti-DHT properties which minoxidil does not have. So upon cessation of using minoxidil your "minoxidil hairs" will fall out. Upon cessation of Nizoral your hair loss returns to normal fall out pace.

Reaction score
ive had a difficult time finding nizoral. I tried a bunch of stores and all sold out so i decided to ask for a prescription for the 2% and just went to go pick it up. My question is how much do i apply? and how many times a week? thanks guys much appreciated

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
notresponding88 said:
ive had a difficult time finding nizoral. I tried a bunch of stores and all sold out so i decided to ask for a prescription for the 2% and just went to go pick it up. My question is how much do i apply? and how many times a week? thanks guys much appreciated

I read in Wal Mart dot com in the comments section that some one called the company and they said they'll be back in stock in October 2011[this year]. Hopefully it's true.

TRex

Reaction score
notresponding88 said:
My question is how much do i apply? and how many times a week? thanks guys much appreciated

Wash hair/scalp first with other shampoo. then just apply a few drops and massage in for about a minute. on clean hair/scalp it will foam up a little. Let it soak in another 4 minutes.

Recommendation is every 3rd day or every other day.