Nizoral

fairhaired

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have just bought some Nizoral over the Internet but I want to make sure I am using it right first so I thought I'd ask the users on here.

1. The Nizoral says it is Ketoconazole 20mg. Is this Nizoral 2%?

2. Also, this may seem a bit odd, but how is best to use it? Everyday? Should you just let your hair dry naturally for the best effect?

Thanks a lot, I apreciate it.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral 1% Study over 6 months 2-3 weekly:

Hair diameter increase: +8.46%
Hair shed over 24-hour period: -16.46%
Hair in anagen phase: +6.4%

You can put 20mg into 1ml and it will give you quite a percentage ;). You have to mention how much mg in how much ml etc etc. Not that I am sure.

Nizoral is a great addition to your hair loss regimen. It clearly creates a much better environment for hair to grow, reduces sebum and inflammation and so forth.

I get my shampoo from minoxidil.com though I don't use normal nizoral. I think Dr. Lee's regrowth shampoo is more effective since it also contains salicylic acid which aids in the absorption and clears up dead skin cells.

TF2009

Reaction score
I've been using Propecia for a few years now, and thought about adding Nizoral to my regime last year.

So I bought a bottle in December, and I still haven't used it.

The reason being, I've read that the shed in the first instance is quite dramatic.

Is this true, or just a myth?

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
:dunno:

I don't know if there are any links between nizoral and shedding. Be careful what you read on the forums man.

Just get on the damn product if you ask me... It does good for your hair man. use it once a week if you are that scared. But I doubt you have anything to fear. Look at the data, it help hair and in the long run reduces shedding quite a lot. It's well worth using.

heynow1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey you might be right about a nizoral shed. I was on propecia for about 9 months and i thought things were improving, then i added 2% keto twice a week and my hair started getting worse, esp the front. That was about 7 months ago and it still hasnt gotten better. Now it could just be a coincidence I have no evidence that the reson my hair got worse was because of nizoral but it did happen exactly around the time i started using it. That being said I still use it twice a week :dunno:

tony-montana

Reaction score
Not sure if Nizoral will effect something you are already using or not but for me it makes my hair look much thicker. No shed. I use everyday or almost everyday because it works so well (I have naturally thin hair). nizoral 2%

wooz

Reaction score
i've grown to love 1%nizoral.
i'm addicted to that feeling on my head.
every day i lather up then get out of the shower and shave the face.
let it sit up there for a good 5 mins or so.

the 2% i use about twice a week and for me it's a bit harsh on the scalp.
nothing to drastic though.

it makes my hair strands thicker as well.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
"The Nizoral says it is Ketoconazole 20mg"

Well there's 1000mg in a gram so I can't see how it couldn't be 2%. It must just be marketed differently in different countries (it says 2% on the bottle in the US). It seems they only sell 2% in the U.K. and it doesn't need a prescription.

NINJAX

Reaction score
hi guys!

im using a product which im not selling or promoting just to make it clear
but am sharing so to pay it forward...

it isnt explained how nizoral stops male pattern baldness...theory is it it breaks down DHT

since nizoral is a drug it will always have side effects...maybe not now but in the long run due to daily use and accumulation in the body...that doest exclude finasteride and topical minoxidil... so i would like to lessen this chemical exposure with very good results from a soap i used (plant based and organic.. i am not promoting or selling this fyi!) and i believe does better than nizoral because it lessened oiliness...actually it stripped it really well and gave me clear exfoliated skin:) and i believe it breaks down DHT because of an enzyme im my plant(i think its a fruit) based soap.. it has stopped my falling hair... really well plus the dandruff is gone due to the exfoliation...

im the guinea pig here so i didnt feel any chemical peel or anything
i only got great oil free skin..:)

so my big2 plus this gave me good results .. i have pics on my account:)

lessen the chemical use!!! paying it forward!:)

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
@NINJAX-- It is interesting about the soap you use, can you give more information about that, such as the brand, where to get it or any link?I have problem using the Nizoral, it is too harsh for my scalp, so I would like to try the soap that you are using. :) Thanks!!

fairhaired

Reaction score
FSHGLD said:
"The Nizoral says it is Ketoconazole 20mg"

Well there's 1000mg in a gram so I can't see how it couldn't be 2%. It must just be marketed differently in different countries (it says 2% on the bottle in the US). It seems they only sell 2% in the U.K. and it doesn't need a prescription.

Thanks