Nizoral ?

soulswing112

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

First thanks to hairlosstalk for this very informative and helpfull website

I have a question :

I have started using Nizoral 1% in addition of Propecia and Rogaine foam for a week now and my scalp has been very itchy and red since... when i was obviously expecting the opposite to happen.

Did anyone else had that kind of issues using Nizoral ? Should I keep using it for a while to see if things get better ? In case I have to stop what are the alternative to Nizoral ? I heard that T-Gel was good

Thanks a lot

soul

believe

Reaction score
Man, some people recommend Nizoral shampoo 2% every day
What is the condition of your scalp? Did it use to get itchy and red before the usage of Nizoral shampoo?
Be more specific...
Sometimes I can realize some dry and itchy spots on my scalp, so I use Nizoral, but usually I use Rehab shampoo from Lush, Cleanser system 2 from Nioxin, Neutrogena T-Gel, Stiproxal (this name is brazilian but the shampoo is selled world-wide), etc. It really depends on the condition of my scalp.
About Neutrogena T-Gel, it is super good but I recommend you do something my doctor adviced me, once the shampoo is to thick. Put a little amount of the shampoo in a little plastic pot (an amount of the size of a 2 euro coin,,, a big coin, whatever!), a little bit of water (enough to mix this amount of shampoo), and mix with your fingertip. If you use the shampoo straight from its packing, it will be almost impossible to remove all the product from your hair because it is really sticky.
I also recommend you to massage your scalp with your fingertips for 1-2 minutes after applying the shampoo, but always gentle ok?
Shampoos that dry the scalp a lot, with strong power of cleaning, should be removed just after massaging.
Take care!